Monday, February 28, 2011

Austin: Another Grand Adventure

A little warning: this a photo intensive post. :)

The Austin trip flew by.  I was hoping to be able to meet up with Mizfit but time just did not allow it this time.

We arrived late Thursday night (Chuck had to work that day) and got settled in.  First they gave us the wrong room key and it wouldn't work and a woman opened the door because she thought someone was trying to break in.  Oops!

Friday morning we went downstairs for the breakfast buffet but there wasn't much for someone watching her insulin so we headed off to Denny's.
 Denny's will make substitutions like egg whites and turkey bacon.  I had the ham & cheese omelet made with egg whites and a few bites of hash browns.  Couldn't even finish it.  So filling.
 After breakfast we had to go to the famous Round Rock Donuts.  Sometimes people wait for an hour to get their donuts.
 Are you kidding me?
 Are you kidding me?!! I took a bite.  Not bad at all!

Then it was time to explore Austin.  First a stop at Texas State Cemetery:


9-11 Memorial







Stephen F. Austin
 Wise words:












This beautiful hawk was screeching in a tree.

Children on a hot tin roof? On the top of a building across the street.

Since there are so many pictures that I want to share with friends and family on here, I'm going to make this another two or three part post. :)


3 comments:

  1. I loved all the photos - made me feel like I was right there with you. And how cool is Tom Landry's marker, with the hat and all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Texas!
    I wasn't born here - but I got here as soon as I could!
    (That's a popular Texas bumper sticker, for anyone who didn't know.)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)