Saturday, February 5, 2011

Checking In

I can't believe I haven't posted since Wednesday!

It's been freakin' cold here.  I haven't been outside much because I don't do cold.  I went out once Thursday to get some staples before the bad weather hit.  While I was out it started to sleet. Brrr!

We never did get any snow here but Friday morning my van was encased in ice.  I've never seen anything like it.  The handles, windows, doors...everything had a layer of ice.

I've been keeping up with some exercise but not as much as I'd like.  I did not run once this week. I was either dealing with a cold or dealing with the cold.

Thursday I got in 50 minutes of Turbo Jam and weights.  Friday I did my weights and got in a baking mood.

I wanted to try the Almost No-Knead Bread in America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family cookbook.  Unfortunately I did not read through the entire recipe but just started at step 1.  That dough has to set up from 8-18 hours! I started at 1pm. LOL  Yep.  I also used yeast that had expired in 2009.  I didn't know that at the time but found out after I finally got the bread baked.  Hard.as.a.rock.  LOL  Oh well.  Always check your yeast. 

I did make up a batch of light spiced pumpkin bread from the same cookbook that turned out perfect. 190 calories per 3/4" slice. It was so good that it was tough to just have 1 slice.


Friday night my sinuses attacked me again.  Sneezing. Runny nose. Ugh.  I thought I was over all this.

And I've kept my pledge this week: I have not stepped on the scale once!  I have no idea what to expect tomorrow since my calorie burn has been lower than usual.  We'll just have to see.  Still, my clothes are fitting better and better. I couldn't be happier with that.

I've also done well with Suzi's challenge of not adding extra salt to my foods.  The only time I added salt at the table or after a food was prepared was when I had eggs.  I have to add salt to eggs. The idea of eating eggs without salt makes me cringe a little.

See y'all tomorrow after weigh in.  Hope your weekend is going well and you're not stuck inside because of the weather. Spring is on its way!

7 comments:

  1. Spring is on it's way ..... and so is Wicked in San Antonio!
    I am gearing up with the green.
    It's been a hard week for me....kinda....
    With all this darn snow and the SuperBowl game,
    they can't find a nurse to save humanity.
    So I have worked non-stop for over a week.
    Has it really been since Wednesday?
    My, how time flies!
    Glad you are better.
    We are gonna tear up that town!
    Remember the Alamo and the River Walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing great with food too but have been slacking on the exercise. Can't seem to get it in gear these days. I'm going to try to get in some stretches and weight work sometime today though. Meanwhile, I am getting some house work done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll laugh at tomorrow's challenge. And yes i scheduled it for tomorrow a while ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing the ice reports from your area. Craziness!

    It should be all gone soon. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice? Yikes! Sending warm thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I hope the scale shows you lots of love tomorrow!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... your poor little yeasts were dead!

    I like the no knead recipes, but I tell you having a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook was the *best purchase ever*!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)