Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goodbye San Antonio, Hello Austin

Sunday it was time to say our goodbyes in San Antonio.  It was a perfect weekend.  I wasn't ready to leave.  Anne is a bundle of happiness and energy and just as sweet as she can be.  I hope you have the opportunity to meet her.

We had breakfast and packed our bags. Before heading home we thought it would be nice to take a hike at Government Canyon State Natural Area.  Just a short hike, right?  We don't need to bring our water bottles or anything like that.

We walked for two and a half hours. LOL
Some of it was uphill and all of it was rocky.
Found a millipede along the way.
Photo courtesy of Anne.

Photo courtesy of Anne.

Photo of courtesy of Anne
We did it! (Photo courtesy of Anne)
We hiked back out and promptly stopped at a McD's for salads and drinks.  So thirsty! So hungry!

We chatted for a while then it was time to hit the road. Noooooooo!


Photo at Mi Tierra restaurant. Thanks, Anne.
It was such a fantastic trip.  Thanks for letting me share it with you.  I'm sure we'll be planning more trips with Anne.  Camping? Zip lines? Canoeing?  Who knows? :)

Next: Austin!  Chuck and I are taking the kids to see Blue Man Group.  I've heard they're awesome so we're really looking forward to it.  I'll take some pictures to share with you when I get back.

Have a great weekend. :)  Hey, if you're coming to the Houston area and would like to meet up let me know.

19 comments:

  1. Anne said you guys wore her out. I'm afraid you'll wear me out too... but I still want to meet you if I can ever make it to TX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you had! The camping sounds awesome. If you guys ever decide to do a group camping trip, I would totally be in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you had! The camping sounds awesome. If you guys ever decide to do a group camping trip, I would totally be in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, Roxie? Because that could totally be arranged. LOVE to go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys really know how to have fun! And what Roxie said...a group camping trip - how cool would that be?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Austin...we should grab coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always in downtown Houston Continental Airlines building but I highly doubt you'd want to see a 31 year old boy blogger lol

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound wonderful. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves and you both lost weight in the process. A zipline is something I'm dying to try. I just don't want to do it alone and my hubby is chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tena, are you serious? You're not just pulling my leg? Because I'd love to do a group camping thing. We should plan it! I know Anne would be in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HS, I'd love to meeet "boy" bloggers too. :) All of the bloggers I've met in person have been wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janna, that would be great. I'm going to have the whole family with me. a 15 yo, a 10 yo and my hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never met up with a blogger, you guys made it look like a blast! can't wait to hear your Blue Man Group review! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun in Austin - I would love to see BMG one of these days...great treat for your kids! When Helen comes out, we will have the grand Texas meet-up for sure! And I'm completely ready for our next get-together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. soooo much fun!! how cool to meet another blogger and have a blast!!!
    how cool if you guys were to have a group camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great time! Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im home photoshooting ALL DAY SATURDAY :) if your plans change!

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like we got us a convoy!
    I think it's a great idea for a meet up!
    I had such a good time! Can't wait to do it all again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mi Tierra- hubby and I ate there on our honey moon and LOVED IT! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am with Helen - next time I am in Texas (my brother and step-son live in Austin!) we will have to meet half way!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)