Tuesday, February 22, 2011

San Antonio Trip Part 1

Friday we arrived at the hotel around 4ish.  I waited in the car while Chuck went to sign us in.  We parked by a white truck and I was thinking, "I wonder if that's Anne's truck."  I look up from the book I was reading and see Chuck coming to the car with Anne beside him.  She had been in the lobby and heard Chuck check in.

We hugged like we were old friends and felt right at ease from the beginning. I read that Anne said she was shy.  I had no idea!  She always seems so outgoing.

Off to hit the Riverwalk for dinner and exploration.
Stopped at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner.
Ordered a delicious salad, low carb like.  When in Rome...or amongst low carbers. ;-)
Chatted and got to know each other better but it really did feel like we've known each other for ages.  Conversation flowed easily.


It's so hard to get a picture of someone who won't cooperate.
Close enough.
Time to explore the Riverwalk!

Then Anne treated to a carriage ride.  Thanks, Anne!  It was perfect. The carriage had lights on it and the driver was great.  He showed us around and gave us the history of the buildings. SO much fun. I wish you could have been there.

Dan the horse gave Anne a big frothy kiss on the hand.
 And of course we had to see.......

Then to the lobby of the beautiful and historical Menger Hotel.  It's supposed to be haunted. ooooooo

No mirror ghosts tonight.

Phone booths?  What are those?
 After the exploration ended, we headed back to the hotel for some rest.  The next day was full of even more adventure.  Can't wait to share it with you.

11 comments:

  1. So this is blogger you met up with in San Antonio?? so cool!! I don't think I could ever do that LOL I spill way too many secrets on my blog.

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely time! I have met a few bloggers in real life and it's funny how conversation flows so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of Chuck made me laugh out loud. I have the same challenge with Mr. Helen usually.

    All these San Antonio reports are only reaffirming to me that I really, really, REALLY want to visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Those pictures of me are fantastic. It's a good thing you got my "good" side. :)

    Had an absolute BLAST.
    Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all! These pics are great!
    I had a great time - I feel less shy already!
    I love meeting Bloggers, ya know!
    It feels like we've already known each other forever.
    Thanks again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! I haven't met up with any bloggers yet, but it sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun. I've always wanted to check out San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt like that when I met you for the first time - it was so easy to just start talking like you've known each other forever. Fun pics - you guys know how to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I followed your link from another blog, saw the pictures and thought WOW!!! It's Anne's Friends!! The world is smaller than we think, isn't it!

    How fun to go to San Antonio (my fav city to visit) and then to meet Anne, too! Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg!!!!

    That looked like such fun. I wanna go, too!!! Oh, wait, I'd have to time travel tot he past and then fly to San Antonio. Complicated. ; )

    Is Anne tiny? Or are you tall? She looks like such a little thing beside you and YOU look so SLIM! Whoa...you guys are amazing!

    Oh, I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)