Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hairy Situations

Tuesday started out like any normal day. Gulp down some caffeine, make a blog post, eat some breakfast.  But this time I decided to try a slightly larger crumb of Glucophage. No big deal.

Rachel had a hair appointment.  Gotta get prettied up for the dance this week. :)
During:
After:
She has such beautiful thick hair.

Time for lunch. Hmmm....I think I'll try a larger crumb.  I really am ready to drop these pounds.

I take the crumb then go grocery shopping.  Somewhere along the way I start to feel bad.  Tired. Nauseated. Lethargic.  By the time I leave the grocery store I feel like death warmed over. (That's bad)

Get to the car and Rachel calls:"Can you pick up some black poster paint?"   "Yeah, sure."  And then I almost started to cry a little at the thought of walking to the back of Hobby Lobby to get the paint.  I felt so tired and terrible.

I made the kids unload the groceries and put them away while I crawled into bed The kids volunteered to bring in the groceries and put them away while I rested.  I was supposed to run today according to my trusty workout schedule but I knew it wasn't going to happen so I didn't fight it although I did feel guilty.  Ah yes, nausea with guilt sprinkled on top.

Chuck was kind enough to cook dinner while I sat in a vegetative state watching TV.  I don't even remember what I watched. LOL I felt so spaced out.

I do remember Biggest Loser though.  Very emotional episode.  I won't spoil it for anyone but it was a real tear jerker.

I took no crumb last night with dinner.  Didn't want to compound the problem.  Not sure if that was the best idea but I had a watchdog (hubby) telling me that I was not going to take it last night. I complied. :)

Lesson learned: do not try to hurry the process. Follow doctor's orders.

*file under: stupid sh*t I do*

12 comments:

  1. And yet, I can completely understand your impulse to try a bigger crumb to get things moving along! I hope you are feeling better today.

    BTW, isn't the reason we HAVE kids (and take them for hair appts. - her hair is gorgeous!) to bring in the groceries while we rest? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I'm so sorry you are having trouble with the Metformin. I hope that you adjust to it soon. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what the crumb is (so out of the blogging loop lately!)

    Sorry, you are having a rough time! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I see! I just read about the crumb from your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes sometimes we just want to speed things up! And we definitely shouldn't :(
    Hope you have a better day today.
    Love Rachel's hair!! Tell her I said she's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you were feeling so cruddy!

    Rachels hair-I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe she let you take the before pic getting it done lol... don't worry you will adjust!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Kelly :( I can just imagine how terrible you felt. Hope things are better today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's horrible. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    Her hair is gorg!! So is she.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to heat that Kelly - baby steps from now on, okay?!

    Your daughters hair is gorgeous - I wish I had that thick hair just for one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel does have some pretty hair! She looks like a breath of spring :)

    I would have done the same thing with my "crumb". Always thinking i know better than what the doctor says. Hope you are feeling better. Lesson learned, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a drag to be feeling so low on energy - that is just not the norm for you! Crummy crumbs! I hate that this medicine affects you so much...hope you can get what you need with the minimum possible dosage. Hugs to you, my friend.

    And Rachel's hair - so pretty! Can't wait to see the total package with dress, etc. How exciting for her (and all of you)!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)