Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hunger Busters

OK, before I show you what I ate on Friday, let me just say that I know I didn't eat a lot.  I just wasn't hungry after breakfast.  It was rich and filling and I had to force myself to eat what I did for lunch.

Breakfast- 2 fried eggs, bacon, 1 toast, coffee (thanks for cooking, Chuck!) 

Breakfast just stayed with me all day.  The same with the kids and Chuck.  No one was hungry.  I guess I could have forced myself to eat more but I didn't.

Lunch: protein bar (3g carbs)

Chuck and I were busy all day running errands and trying to find some wild and crazy socks to go with our outfits for a relay we're running with Shelley and Jeff in April (all you can eat ice cream!).  Could not find the socks anywhere!  That's ok.  Finally found some online.  The internet has everything.

I did score some water shorts for our canoe trips for only $10!  Love me some clearance.  Also got some cute denim shorts that didn't look like they should be a bikini bottom.  What is with all of the tiny shorts lately?  I had trouble finding anything that I would feel comfortable wearing. 

This was also my first time to buy shorts in 4 years. And I finally was able to get some that zipped up instead of elastic maternity-style.  Oh, sweet non-scale victory.  It feels so strange to show that much leg though.  I'm trying to adjust. :)

Finally started getting hungry around 6ish so we went out to Saltgrass Steakhouse.  I had sirloin steak with blue cheese butter, caesar salad and grilled asparagus.
I think they had a different idea of what cooking to "medium" means. Next time I think I'll take medium-well.

Then it was off to the in-laws to see Chuck's aunt and cousin who were in town.  It was good to visit with the family but I was pretty worn out by the time we got home. It was a busy day.


We had a little visitor at our door to welcome us home. Think I'll name him Michigan J. Frog.
Spider frog, spider frog. Does whatever spider frog does.

All in all, a very nice day.  Lots of walking.  Not much munching.

Do you make yourself eat even when you're not hungry or just listen to your body's hunger signals?

11 comments:

  1. I do make myself eat when I am not hungry, unless it is a snack. I may eat less and drop whatever I would normally eat as filler (sugar free jell-o or pudding snack...) I eat every meal as close to schedule as I can. I eat smal meals though 250-300 calories mostly, so I am usually hungry when it's time to eat....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fake frogs but real ones scare the crap out of me. LOL!

    Love the steak and bleu cheese...need to make some of that soon.

    Looking forward to seeing the new socks and you are right...the internet has everything.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I forgot to answer the question.

    Although I try to eat six small meals per day I won't eat just to eat. I have hungry days and not so hungry days, which I believe relates to hormonal fluctuations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The steak looks good but then I like mine medium rare. The more tender the cut and the less cooked it is the better my stomach pouch tolerates it.

    Yay for the zip up shorts. I remember the first time I got a normal pair that fit. I was ecstatic. I'm almost allergic to elastic now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's a weekend, I don't really force myself to eat. During the week, if I'm at work, I will eat at certain times just so that I'm not hungry later.

    Great job on the shorts! Love the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could borrow your non-hunger! :)

    Sounds like a nice day, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love medium rare steak!

    As far as eating when I am not hungry, I will if I know that it will be a long time before I will eat again. That is just so I can control what I eat and don't fall off the cliff so to speak and overeat later.

    Fat for breakfast (eggs, bacon) really can keep you full for quite a while. Yay fat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Kelly! Spider frog. HAhaha! I've started wearing skirts lately- the kind that stop just above the knee. Lotta leg- feels weird- but I look CUTE and I'm dressed seasonably, which beats sweating my butt off in jeans. PICS!!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Spider Frog, you are cute.

    I don't think I've ever had to "make" myself eat. Just not a problem I'm familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to find our perfect socks - we will be STYLIN' on race day!!!

    Love that little froggie - he picked the right house to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree with Lori on this one. I make myself eat if I know it will be uber long before I'm able to eat again. Also, if I haven't eaten and then work out, I make myself have a small something: yogurt, banana, just something after a workout.

    The short shorts drive me nuts too! I have to admit, I've had pretty good luck ordering shorts online. You're right, the internet has everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)