Monday, March 21, 2011

Milestone Reached!

Top o' the morning to ya!  Still feeling the St Patty's Day vibes, I guess. :)

Before I get to my happy milestone, a little recap of Saturday and Sunday.  I'll try to make it short but it's not really my nature.

Saturday:
 Eats for the day....
Breakfast-scrambled eggs with salsa, 1 oz smoked turkey sausage, coffee, 1/2 light toast with butter

"snack"- 1 cup broth

Lunch-leftover Italian Pork Chop, 1 cup green beans

snack-low carb ice cream bar (5 g carbs)

dinner-steak salad with cheese, sour cream and queso at Freebirds. Sooo good but I couldn't finish it all but I put a big dent in it.
The guy making the salad: "you start off healthy with a salad then you go and put queso and sour cream on it?"  LOL


I scored a 4-pack of tickets plus parking for $45 to the Houston Aeros vs the San Antonio Rampage game. Awesome! It was the kids' first hockey game and I think they had a great time too.  I could really get in to hockey.  Lots of action and sometimes fights even break out.   There's just so much energy and I get all caught up in it.
The Aeros won 5 to 1!

We ran to the car (literally ran) about 2 minutes before the game was over to avoid the massive traffic jams.  We got out of there just in time.

Had to stop by the grocery store for some breakfast items and a couple of snacky items.

Got home and had a...
Snack- half a celery stalk dipped in 1 T. french onion dip.

Freakin' fantastic day.
-------------------------
Sunday: weigh in day-181 but so close to 180
I love the weekends.  Chuck is home and he cooks breakfast.

Eats:
Breakfast-2 fried eggs, SF Rock Star, bacon, 3/4 piece of light toast with butter, coffee
Those fried egg breakfast keep me full for hours.

We took the kids to the front pond (the neighborhood calls it a "lake" but it's really just a pond. city folk.LOL) to play with their RC boats.  Those things are fast!  Lots of fun and lots of wind.  We were supposed to go canoeing but the wind was too strong for that to be an enjoyable experience.

Then off to Brazos Bend State Park for a nice hike in this gorgeous spring weather. We have to enjoy every moment because spring doesn't last long here.

Some pics from the hike:

















We walked for a couple of hours. I'm not sure of the distance but it was a nice hike.

Lunch-cheese stick (wasn't that hungry)

Dinner-steak with garlic seasoned compound butter, cauliflower casserole to act as baked potato casserole, Caesar salad, 3 Miller Light beers (a little over 3 carbs each)
What a dinner after such a great day.  I probably shouldn't have had 3 Miller Lights but I have to tell ya, sitting outside after a nice hike, the grill going, a cool breeze blowing, watching the sun set, listening to birds and crickets, and sipping on a cold beer....it's hard to beat. Total relaxation.

One drawback to having a drink is that it can give you the munchies.
Snack-1 piece of 80% cocoa chocolate, 1 small sugar free coconut candy (still have some sugar cravings. beer does not help. no regrets though)

If you're interested, the cauliflower casserole was just something I tossed together that turned out great. I cooked some frozen cauliflower, blended it in the food processor until smooth with butter, some french onion dip (you could use sour cream), garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Put in casserole dish and sprinkled with cheese, chives (fresh from the garden), and bacon. Put in 350* oven for about 10-15 minutes and serve. It was really good.
----------------------------
The milestone: I've officially lost 70 pounds now! Down to 180. YAY!!!  Two pounds down this week and I certainly haven't been starving.

It's only taken forever but at least I'm there.  Onward and downward.

Hope you had a fantastic weekend too.  I can't get enough of this spring weather.

17 comments:

  1. Yeah Kelly - congrats on the 70lbs!!
    Love the pictures you share. It is nothing like my country and I so enjoy viewing them...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freakin' AWESOME.
    And what a great weekend.

    It's so good to see you and the scale on speaking terms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Congratulations. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HURRAY! I want to stand up and yell "Wow!" right now but the people in my office will look at me funny.

    You are simply inspiring Kelly because you just won't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, Kelly!!!!!! So happy for you! And your cauliflower casserole sounds awesome! I definitely want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muchos Congratulations, my friend!!! Hard fought for and well worth celebrating over!

    I have to tell you, I was looking at those pictures and thinking "well that HAS to be Rachel because of her curly hair" but to be honest, I didn't recognize you from behind! You have really made a huge body change and look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 70 pounds!

    Next time you go to the grocery store, heft a 50# bag of dog food and try to pick up a 20 as well (without hurting yourself, of course!).

    Or look at the butter case and count out 70 boxes of butter (280 sticks!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on reaching 70, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the 70 pounds gone, Kelly. That is wonderful! The cauliflower looks great. I'm going to have to give that a try very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You saved the best news for last!! Woot!!! So excited for you Kelly!

    And great family time you got in this weekend too!

    (and for the record, when I drink beer all I want are pretzels!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the 70 lbs!! That is a HUGE accomplishment girl - celebrate it!! ... Loved your pictures in this post! You are so pretty - even if you never lost another pound you would still be beautiful, I hope you think so too =) ... That cauliflower dish looks amazing, might have to try that one! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on losing 70 pounds!!! Cue the confetti!
    *****
    *****
    *****
    *****
    *****
    Great milestone!

    Love the family hike...gorgeous children, husband and wife...perfection!


    That steak looks so good and so does the cauliflower. I am going to have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats!
    C
    O
    N
    G
    R
    A
    T
    S
    congrats!!!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the 70 pounds! Wow, that hike looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. High five! That's fantastic...70 pounds is some major poundage loss. And kudos for doing it while still enjoying food and cold beers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I'm a new reader! That butterfly photo is awesome!! and CONGRATS! WOW! I just started my weight loss blog a few weeks ago, so right now this mountain is looking pretty big!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)