Monday, March 28, 2011

Photo Update

Photo update time.  I like to take a photo at 5 pound increments but I'm a little late on this one.  So instead of 180 pounds this is 178 pounds. 
3/27/11

Compared to approx. 250 pounds
Little bit of a difference.
----------------
Last night we went to a hockey game.  Great game! The scores were tight the whole time but Houston pulled a win.

We were starving by the time we got home. I made steaks, cauliflower & broccoli mix and a salad.  Sounds good but I also had 3 light beers (low carb but still not a great choice). Sure were good though.  Gotta stop making that a Sunday habit.

Charlie got the new Nintendo 3D.  He's so excited.  Thanks, Grandma and Pappy!
----------------------
Weight Monday morning: 178.0    Didn't lose but I didn't gain.  Chuck's weight did the exact same thing. Tomorrow I hope to see the 177s.

Another side effect of me cooking lower carb: Rachel has dropped a size and needs new clothes now. A belt won't even hold her jeans up.  She's pretty happy about that.  Me too.  I just want her to be healthy and not get caught up with weight numbers.  In other words, don't be anything like me. :D

19 comments:

  1. Really, I think that's one of the most noteworthy side effects of us living more healthy: the effect we have (by providing a good example) to our children. It's definitely something that we pass down to our kids whether we're aiming to or not.

    Great pic, K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, miss skinny girl!!! You look absolutely fantastic. I'm just so happy for you, Kelly - you look healthy and fit! And how very cool that what you are cooking for the family is making a difference with Rachel - I know what you mean about not wanting her to focus on weight, but to be healthy and have good habits. And I'd think she would be well served to emulate you with your love of activity and interest in health, and how food can impact that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful Kelly!! Wow, what a difference, you don't even look like the same person.

    Hugs!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow no comparison to your old pic, you look amazing! I hate to say it but you are one HOT mom! LOL

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! You have done an amazing job. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Kelly! You have a whole lot to be proud of - I hope you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kelly, you are lookin good! You have accomplished so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous, Kelly! So happy things are working for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my opinion, I think you WANT Rachel to be like you. You recognized there was a problem, and you were proactive in getting it resolved.

    You are hard headed when it comes to this, and you don't give up when things get hard to deal with. There have been many times when it would have been easy to say, "This it too hard", but you didn't.

    These are qualities I want our kids to have. Fight it. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo, Kelly. You look wonderful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Little bit of a difference"....please tell me you're being sarcastic?!

    You look FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing!! So glad you have found what works for you and you are seeing some awesome results! Keep it up girl and you will be to goal in no time =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are gorgeous!! The 170s sure do look good on ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fantastic!! Get it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing!!! I love the comment about your daughter. I did this video for The New Face of Fila & what I put in there was what my granddaughter said - she wanted to be strong & healthy like Nana.. she did not say thin or skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing!!! I love the comment about your daughter. I did this video for The New Face of Fila & what I put in there was what my granddaughter said - she wanted to be strong & healthy like Nana.. she did not say thin or skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rock Star!!
    You look wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look really really great!!!! Good for you...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)