Friday, April 8, 2011

The Friday Quickie: Now with New & Improved Weight Loss!

  • Weight: 175.5!  I'm 175? No way! Shut.up. When you start out at 250ish, 175 seems more like a fairy tale than a possible reality.  I still can't believe it. I dropped .6 pounds over night. *poof* Chuck, of course, drops a pound. :)
  • Chuck has turned into a scale junkie. He said he understands now why I was so excited every time I'd lose a pound. It feels good to see that number (no matter how small) go down.
  • Finally updated my "Progress Pictures" page
  • New interesting reads (a reward for weight loss)
  • Eats: a snacky sort of day
  • 
  • breakfast
    Sausage cheese muffins
    Sausage Muffins
1/2 pound bulk sausage (I use hot Jimmy Dean)
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion (I used some green onion instead)
12 eggs
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350*.  Brown sausage and drain. Beat eggs and onion and bell pepper and seasoning in bowl. Stir in sausage and cheese.  Spoon into 12 muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
3 net carbs each, 22g protein each

snack: two sugar free Jell-O cups

Lunch: on the run protein shake
1.5 scoops vanilla protein in 2 cups almond milk
Snack:

1/4 c. almonds and colby jack cheese stick

Dinner: Chinese browned chicken and lemon pepper sauteed zucchini
Chinese Browned Chicken
from Six Ingredients or Less Low Carb Cooking book
 4 chicken breasts
2 Tbs. melted butter
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs. soy sauce

Preheat oven to 350*. Line a baking dish with foil for easier cleanup. Place chicken on foil skin side up.  Combine remaining ingredients. Brush chicken and bake 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally.
Per breast: 254 calories, 13g fat, 30g protein, 1g sugar, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 2 net carbs

Dessert: a little therapy


  • Muscles are feeling pretty good today. Yesterday was tough. Neck and shoulders were tight and my hip joints didn't want to join the party.  Everybody seems to be working together today.
  • Have a wonderful Friday.  I won't be posting tomorrow as I'll be "running" a relay race with Chuck, Shelley, and Jeff. I'd like to thank Blue Bell in advance for the ice cream.  Can't wait to share pictures. :)
  • We'll be leaving the house at 5am to get there on time. :-/

11 comments:

  1. HI-
    I'm new here. Big fan of Shelley's and she shouted out to you about the relay tomorrow. Have fun.
    I am jealous that you get to see Shelley in real life, is she as great as she seems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron lost 5lbs last week just by eating more often and less junk. I lose a pound :) Darn men and the speed at which they can lose. Guess it's cause they haven't spent years Yo-yoing around...
    Your eats look so good I keep printing them off to try for Ron. I need more ideas that he will like. Where you getting them?
    Have a great time at the relay tomorrow - should be a riot and can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those muffins look so good. I'm going to have to try them. Good job on the loss. I would be proud too. You have come a long way. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, Shelley is exactly as she appears on her blog: wonderful and sweet and just a great person.

    Sandra, I get various cookbooks at the library, book store, and do searches online for "low carb recipes." Some of the recipes are from "normal" cookbooks that just happen to be lower carb too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was just going to answer Laurie...glad she found you - I didn't realize not everyone knew about the Happy Texan - we must remedy that!

    Can't wait for tomorrow - I will show up a sleep-deprived mess...nothing a little running and a lot of ice cream won't cure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for seeing new numbers on the scale! Send some of that magic to CT would ya?

    Your dessert looks delish... I'll be having mine tomorrow :-)

    I'll tell you the same thing I told Shelley: eat some ice cream for me and most of all, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken looks delicious! Simple and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GCBC is quite the tome to read! My suggestion? Don't read it before bed or you will keep falling asleep LOL!

    I liked the PP book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making it harder and harder for me to catch up to you!! LOL j/k! CONGRATS on the weight loss!!

    Good luck in your relay this weekend and enjoy some ice cream for all of us! Can't wait to see the pics =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress pics update!!! You certainly do look different!!! Fabulous work!!! I have an !!! thing going on today!

    Those protein cupcakes look great...sausage doesn't agree with me, but I might try it with bacon instead. Great for grab and go.

    Have fun at the race...I will still be dreaming at that time...but you will be in my thoughts.

    Looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey - you are famous!
    Jimmy Moore
    Livin La Vida Low Carb
    put you on his list!
    That's great - that's how I got my start
    in blogging.

    http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/

    Love it!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)