Friday, April 1, 2011

How about a quickie?

  • Weight: 177.0 Down .9 overnight.  Woot!
  • Hunger: zero.  As in, I have to force myself to eat sometimes.  Proteins and fats are very filling. But I'd like to sink my teeth into one of those pretzel bagels that Marisa keeps teasing me with.
  • Took a Glucophage at lunch yesterday.  Within 30 minutes I was feeling spaced out and lethargic.  Unfortunately I was driving at the time it hit me.  I got home quickly because I was having trouble staying awake and just wanted to curl up in bed. I hate that medicine.  Think I'll only take it at night from now on. Gotta talk to my doctor about this stuff when I go in to see him in May.
  • I've tried metformin, Glucophage XR, and this regular rapid release Glucophage. All of them have weird effects on me.  Effects they shouldn't have.  It's fun being Abby Normal.
  • Eats:
Breakfast: Flax pancakes with a pat of butter and some sugar free syrup. Net carbs 3 grams!! For the whole dang thing.  I counted it as 4 just to be sure.
Fiber:  yes. Cardboard: no.
Flax Pancakes
3 grams net carbs per entire recipe

6 T. flax meal
3 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 T. milk or cream or half and half
1 T. sugar free vanilla syrup (like Davinci) or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tsp. Splenda

Mix well and cook as pancakes.  Tasty and very filling.

Lunch: spinach salad with Caesar dressing and a rotisserie chicken breast from Kroger; SF Jell-O for dessert.
Snack: another Jell-O.  Haven't had them in so long and at zero carbs, why not?  Sugar Free Rock Star to try to wake me up.  Darn you, Glucophage.

Dinner: grilled chicken with schwarma seasonings on salad greens containing romaine, spinach, celery and cilantro. Topped with feta and blue cheese dressing. 
You can't tell by the picture but this salad was ginormous!
Was stuffed after dinner so no dessert.

Have a great Friday!!  Hugs to all my blogger-ville peeps.  Off to visit the chiropractor.

12 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    Those pancakes look good. I'm envious but they are not on the new plan. Feel the withdrawal a bit this morning but I'm sure that will wear off soon. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, try taking the glucophage with dinner. Taking it earlier in the day can cause the lightheaded-just-want-to-go-to-sleep feelings, especially if it's on an empty stomach. If you take it just as you are starting dinner, that side effect should be minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k i just finished lunch and now your making me hungry!! JK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flax anything lately. I took the 1-minute muffin recipe and made it into pancake and it was good. A bit fragile, but I liked the taste a little better than from the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pancakes look delish. Right up my alley! Actually, all of your eats are so enticing - and how wonderful that you are able to eat such good food and lose weight - congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pancakes look scrummy.

    An overnight loss of almost a pound? Yeah! Congrats on that.

    Your title grabbed my attention, for sure. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pancakes look awesome! I`m going to try those soon!

    I agree with Laryssa.. try the glucophage later in the day. I take mine in the evening and don`t have many side effects. (I`m supposed to take one in the morning too.. but usually forget it. Oops.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pancakes look great!

    Good luck at the chiro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to tempt you with the pretzel bagels!!! If you must know, they taste HORRIBLE. Yep, gross. ick. ewwww.
    Hope that helps ;)

    Those pancakes sound sooooo yummy! I love how flax gives things a fluffy texture!

    I hope you get the Glucophage meds worked out. It's not right that you have to feel so awful when you're trying to help your body! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy pancakes. Im making these soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hummm gotta check out this flax... I have been reading more and more about it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)