Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photo Update (175 pounds)

I like to divide my big weight loss goal into smaller bite sized goals. 50 pounds? 80 pounds? 30 pounds?  For me that seems like a huge mountain to try to climb. Almost too large.  So I tackle it in smaller steps: 5 pounds at a time.  It makes it more attainable in my mind.  Yes, it is a mind game.

And after reaching every 5 pound goal I like to take a picture when I remember. (Oh, cruel senility, you vex me to no end.)

175 pounds! Another goal reached.  And this time I got a photo. :)
pay no attention to the mint at my feet that is growing out of control
I'm starting to actually feel normal. Maybe that's not the right term.  I'm not ashamed anymore and that's a pretty nice feeling.  When I walk into a room I don't try to hide like I used to because I was so embarrassed to be seen. I don't dread seeing pictures of me.  I don't cringe when I look in the mirror.  And I can actually go into a dressing room and not come out crying!

Even though I'm the same Kelly I've always been, I have made some substantial improvements mentally.  Losing weight is turning out to be good for me inside and out. Still a way to go but this is the closest I've ever been to reaching the big "100 pounds lost" goal.

Can't wait to reach that 170 pound goal now.  :)

20 comments:

  1. Alright!!! You look great! And I love that tank top.

    I had my husband take pictures of me in my underwear and bra at the start of every month. Not pretty, but it helped me assess my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good. So, so good! Love that tank on you, and you can see the confidence radiating out from your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look smashing. :D

    Cut that mint and make mojitos. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look A-mazing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the most awesome things about this journey: I think it brings out the real us along the way. Keep up the fantastic work, K. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look amazing!!!! doesn't it feel good to feel good inside your skin??!! Can't wait to see the next 5 pound photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely gorgeous!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, positively stunning.

    I completely understand what you mean about feeling normal. I think fat buries the real person. Sort of like a bulb in the ground, once you can see the sunshine through the ice and snow and dirt, you just burst out. You were always there, just buried.

    So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so great, Kelly. You lo completely normal sized to me now too. I don't know how much more you are planning to do but I think you are pretty much there. Love the outfit too. I'm so proud of you and can't wait until you are on the maintainers journey with me. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Kelly - you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You looke beautiful as always! =) ... You go girl! Can't wait to see you reach your next goal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great, what a pretty outfit too

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look hot! Would not have noticed the mint if you didn't mention it.
    So glad your inside are "growing" while your outsides are "shrinking".

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are doing so good! Have been reading the book Insulin Resistent Diet, I am sitting on 205 lbs for 2 months and scale won't budge. Hoping following advice of book will help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed this yesterday - love it!! You look absolutely amazing Kelly. You should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)