Friday, April 15, 2011

Thursday Thrills

No, it wasn't really a thrilling Thursday.  I just like the way it sounds.  Sorry I gave you a title that a post couldn't support.  Kind of like false advertising, isn't it?

Weight: 173.9  Sore muscles and fluid retention and hormones. Oh my!
-----------------
Yesterday I had to go back to the chiropractor. This time I wore more appropriate undies.  And it's a good thing too!  No more red cheeks.  She really worked me over.  Apparently I have a muscle spasm going on that I didn't know about. And today that area is sore to the touch.

I was a bad girl and didn't have breakfast before I went and by the time I got home it was time to prepare lunch.

Last time I was at the grocery store they had some thinly sliced steak on sale for $3.  So I bought a couple to try.

Got out the griddle and placed the steaks on there with a little onion powder, soy sauce and Worcestershire (that's a tough one to spell!).  Served on half a low carb pita with mayo and mozzarella along with au jus from a roast and some leftover cauli mac n cheese.  YUM!!!! Oh this is a keeper for sure.
Lunch:
snack: 1 oz dry roasted peanuts

Dinner: teriyaki crockpot chicken, lemon pepper zucchini, salad with Italian dressing and 6 oz of white wine. mmmmmm
I know the chicken looks burnt and terrible. It's not!  It's the soy sauce that has permeated it. It literally could be cut with a spoon. I had trouble dishing it out without the chicken falling apart.  Very tasty.

Quick & Easy Teriyaki Crockpot Chicken

chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs. grated ginger (I get the kind in a tube in the produce dept. Very easy to use)
1/4 cup Sugar Twin brown sugar (my store doesn't carry this so I just used a little Splenda to sweeten it. You could use whatever you prefer but you do want some sweetness to it)

Place chicken in a crockpot. Combine other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
1g net carb

Dessert: low carb ice cream bar

I have to be careful with the wine.  One glass makes me want another and another and then I get the munchies and want carby things.  So I made sure to limit myself. 

Perhaps I didn't eat enough today.  Once the pictures are up I can really see that I was lacking in some protein and veggies. 

Not a terribly exciting day.  Laundry and domestic duties does not make for excitement but they're necessary.

Tonight: reservations at Tango and Malbec! Gotta go get some heels for a cute red dress.

Have a great Friday.  I don't about you but I am pretty darn excited that the weekend is here! :)

8 comments:

  1. I work all weekend so... I don't usually get excited about them. That restaurant looks yummy! enjoy your red dress and heels i bet you will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot read your blog when I'm hungry. Seriously! Now I'm craving steak AND chicken!

    Have a blast tonight, you crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eagerly awaiting red dress pics.

    Grabbed cauliflower and cream this morning when we were shopping so I will be making your recipe...can't wait...probably not until tomorrow though.

    Chicken looks great. I make a very similar one with tamari, manuka honey, ginger and garlic.

    Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the flax pancakes last night and loved them. I typically make my pancakes with oatmeal and protein powder but these were just as good. I need to try that cauliflower mac and cheese thing too. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it sister! So glad the weekend is here! Have fun in your little red dress...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gonna try that chicken recipe, thank you for sharing. I will have to try and find those low carb pitas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken sounds wonderful! Have a great weekend, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)