Monday, April 4, 2011

Travels and Weight Loss

Weight loss for the week: -1.4 pounds.  Not the 2 pounds I had planned but still good.

Weight loss for March: -6 pounds

I'm not hungry and the carb cravings are finally starting to diminish though it's probably still not safe to wave a roll under my face.

I took the kids to our homeschool group's park day on Friday and saw some people who I hadn't seen in a few weeks.  I was asked by several people what I was doing to lose weight.  It felt good to get compliments.  I still feel obese in my head so it seems odd for someone to tell me I look good.  Weight loss is mental as well as physical.  I've read stories about people who have trouble seeing themselves as healthy no matter how much weight they lose. 

I did try on some size 12 shorts and they fit perfect!  So I tried on another pair. Perfect!  Then I tried on a different pair and couldn't button them up. LOL  So I'm not sure if I'm a true size 12 yet or not. 
--------------------------
Made magic rolls and they turned out really good though not as perfect as Lori's.  Mine had some air pockets in them.  I used them as hamburger buns and for breakfast sandwiches when we are on the go. Just go to a drive thru and order a breakfast sandwich, toss the buns and use the magic rolls. 
4.2 carbs each
I splurged and got myself some good aged gouda:
---------------------------
Saturday morning we went to visit my parents for the weekend. Rachel is always saying that we never visit other states so I drove her across the Louisiana border so she could say she's been to another state.
Took a picture at the visitor center.
Drove a little further and down some back roads to explore then headed right back home. Stopped at the Texas visitor center.

They had a boardwalk over a swamp which seems like something you'd see on the Louisiana side instead. 
Lots of snakes under the boardwalk.  All the ones we saw were non-venomous.
Broad banded water snake
Watch out for that snapping turtle!
--------------------------
Eats:  I didn't take pictures of the eats but I did great except for one meal where Chuck and I went out for dinner.  We had some wine and I had a roll.  But dinner was steak, green beans and a salad.  Couldn't even finish it.  Sure was good though!

Hope your weekend was fun and peaceful. :)

14 comments:

  1. I love that you keep the kids out and busy. I wish I could have done that when mine were teens. They got around pretty much where they wanted but we didn't get as much time together as a family once we got down to one car. Now they are on their own, except Nick and we do take him places he wants to go. Home to take him camping soon. Have a great day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really nice visitor's center! One of these days, you should take the kids to the four corners - they have a thing that you can walk around and then you've been to 4 states in 30 seconds - wheeee! (I know, I did a bang up job of describing that - I'll have to tell you my four corners story from COLLEGE this weekend).

    Hey, if more than one pair of size 12's fit, then you are officially a size 12! Congrats, and way to go on the loss - 6 pounds for March is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Shelley.
    Two out of three tells me you're there.

    You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We stopped at that same Louisiana Welcome Center back in February (going from Houston to Birmingham) and we about died laughing at the alligator/no swimming sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 pounds a month is fantastic! Do you know how many bloggers out there would like to be on the 6 pounds a month train? I say you're a 12 for sure and it won't be long before that 2 is a 0!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on losing 6 pounds in a month!!

    Pant sizes are so weird - right now I have three pairs of pants that I wear on a regular basis to work - one is a size 8, the other a 12 and the last one is a 14, and they all fit the same.

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, thanks for checking in on me, and yes I finally feel better. Six months is a long time.

    I have been reading your blog all along just kind of lurking and waiting for some energy.

    I gotta go find that recipe for the rolls now.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your loss this week, Kelly! You are kickin' butt, girl!

    Love your nature walks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I WAS going to congratulate you on the six pound loss, but then you went and posted a snake photo. It makes my skin crawl!! But on second thought, I'll congratulate you anyway! Because I love ya, and that's an awesome weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The rolls look yummy. And only 3 WW Points ... I will for sure try to make these...Yah hoo on the loss..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics and way to take your daughter to another state...LOL!

    Excellent weight loss for the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HATE housework, but it's getting done!!! Thanks for visiting my blog today!!!

    Congrats on the loss this week, keep doing what you're doing.
    OMG, I've got to try those Magic Rolls!!! 4.2g CARBS!!! That is music to a Diabetics ears!!

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an EXCELLENT loss. Consider that you're already pretty lean and near normal weight. That kind of loss at your level is great.

    Pics are cute. And gouda..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :)

    Later, babe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)