Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again?

Wednesday I was just not feeling like myself. I was just in some sort of funk.  You ever get like that?  Well, I don't like it one bit.  It usually happens if I've gotten off plan or my hormones are whacked out. But I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much more normal today.

Yesterday was a rest day as far as exercise goes.  The aching muscles appreciated it too.  I've wondered what it must be like for Biggest Loser contestants after their first hard core workout.  Can they even move the next day?  Do they have people to massage them?  Do they get a day off for recovery?  I can't even imagine.

Eats were good yesterday. For dinner I made a terrific recipe called Dijon Chicken.  It's something I've made in the past but kind of forgot about it until Chuck reminded me. (ME: what should I make for dinner? CHUCK: how about that chicken stuff? ME: Oh yeah! Forgot about that.)
Dijon Chicken
Very low carb and the family has always devoured it.

Dijon Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Mix mayo and mustard. Place chicken in baking dish and brush with mayo mix. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover loosely with foil and bake in 400* oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes. (I like to run under the broiler briefly to brown it a little)

The chicken comes out so tender you don't need a knife.

While at the grocery store I was looking at the ingredients on various mayos. They all contained soybean oil! Even the ones that advertise olive oil are mostly soybean oil.  It may be time for me to make up a batch of my own mayo.  I've done it years ago and it's really not difficult. Just have to find a good recipe.

Tonight Chuck and I have a special dinner. A splurge dinner.  A tequila dinner at McCormick and Schmick's.  It was just one of those things I didn't want to pass up.  I think it will be a lot of fun. Tequila is low carb, right? OK, I know.  It's a nice 4 course dinner and I'm going to enjoy it. :)

See you tomorrow with some pics of the fun.

13 comments:

  1. That chicken sounds delish and so simple!!
    I think I am making it for dinner!

    Make your own mayo? Pls share when u do!!

    Glad you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you find Hellman's Canola Mayonnaise? It doesn't have soybean oil or sugar in it so I would imagine it would fit your low carb eating well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a funk earlier this week too! Hopefully this weekend is lovely for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I am dumb but what is the problem with soybean oil? And of course I need to go read my mayo label now. :)

    Chicken looks divine. I love Dijon mustard and forget how good it goes with chicken.

    Oh, and yes, the Biggest Loser contestants do have masseuses. I read that somewhere. Remember to give your body rest days to repair and rebuild the muscles (bigger and stronger, yay!).

    Enjoy that dinner - splurge dinners like that make staying on course the rest of the time easier, because you know that every once in a while you get a fancy din-din! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My CrossFit trainer said I could use a weekly massage.
    I tend to agree!
    Dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering for that chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken looks so good. I'm starving. I guess I should go and have some breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WILL be making this chicken recipe, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to get away from those refined veggie oils, isn't it? I will have to see if I can find a mayo recipe I saw that used coconut and olive oil.

    That chicken looks ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every meal you make looks soo good LOL I might have to stop by after work for dinner ;)

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chicken looks great!

    Have a wonderful dinner. I am looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're out of your funk.

    Mayo is awful, and I've searched for recipes myself. I know my grandmother used to make it herself.

    The chicken looked fantastic!

    I don't watch Biggest Loser, but I've wondered if they get massages, too. They work hard, long hours.

    I'm sure you enjoyed your dinner. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)