Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Seniors

I turn 40 and the senior discounts are already rolling in. Can you believe it?
I'm speechless but I'm going to take the offer since it's a good deal. Senior discount.

Reminds me, when we were in San Antonio and met up with Ashley at Mi Tierra and ordered ritas the waiter carded Ashley but not me.  I said, "Hey, why aren't you carding me?!" He just laughed.  So that's where I'm at now. No longer carded and receiving senior discounts.  Whatever, I'm having fun. :)

This is a short post today because I have a fairly impressive list of things to do.  Before I go I'd like to share a picture of Rachel at an awards/graduation ceremony for her homeschool group. Rachel got 3 awards for classes she attended over the school year. (and since we were busy often during the school year we'll be doing school all summer)
She's on the far right.
Have a great....Wednesday. I had to check which day it was. Oh no! I had a senior moment! Ahhhhhhhhh.

11 comments:

  1. LOL @ senior discounts!!! Hey, don't they know that 40 is the new 30! Idiots ;)

    So glad you had a great birthday, Kelly! You deserve it!

    Yay for Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that waiter who laughed. Yep, it's times like that when you just know. Sigh. But hey, we may not look young enough to be carded, but we still know how to have fun, right? Beach Palooza awaits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realize that seniors actually have MORE fun (and more $$) than juniors, right? Maybe it's because of all the discounts.

    And don't you worry your pretty little head. It won't be too long before you'll start getting requests from AARP to join ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry..but I have to confess I giggled at your FB post about the magazine discount. I don't know why it tickled me so much.

    Last Friday we went out to dinner and the waiter didn't card either one of us, but then carded the couple that ended up being seated at the table next to us. What does that mean exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me the senior moments will increase--from who has at least one a day, usually more.

    I allow myself more each decade, HA HA.

    Congrats to your daughter. I had no children but in general I am more impressed with home schooling now than I was when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd take any discounts they wanna give me. "Really dark hair discount". Yep. I'll take it. "Needs to go to dentist discount." So there. "Size 9 flattish feet discount." Yeah, baby!

    :)

    You really are a hot 40 year old. I mean, dang, your husband must like flash your picture all the time to show off. :)

    Happy day to you,b abe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Rachel on her three awards! Awesomeness!!!

    Seniors discount...LOL! Take advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A senior's discout at 40??? HILARIOUS!!!! Welcome to the decade!!! Congratulations Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 43 and I still get carded. And my husband is only 7 years older than me, but when he was in the hospital with his colon cancer earlier this year, a nurse walked in and said "it's nice that your daughter is here for you!"

    He just shakes his head when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet 16! Now the real fun starts. One tip for teaching her to drive a car: if you take two Demerol and a big glass of vodka, you won't feel so nervous when she's driving you around.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)