Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Workout Update

Workout Update. Now that's a title that is not going to deliver what is promises. Exercise just has happened.  *hangs head in shame*  I have got to get back in that game. Maybe some Zumba or Just Dance, weights, and riding my bike. I love riding bikes with the family. I feel so free on a bike. The wind blowing in my hair. Bugs lodging in my teeth. LOL It is one of my favorite forms of exercise.

My favorites are:
  1. Hiking
  2. Cycling
  3. Canoeing
  4. Swimming
  5. Zumba
  6. Spin Class
  7. Weights
  8. Running
In that order. So what is your favorite form of exercise?

Now that I see that list, I think I see some things that I want to do! Glad I did that. :)

Saturday morning Chuck has a shooting tournament. He didn't do as well as he wanted but I was still proud of him. Charlie came along with me to watch him.
 I enjoy being the supportive trophy wife and all, but it can get pretty boring waiting for every one else to shoot before we move to the next stage and Chuck gets to shoot again. In the meantime I get to hear a bunch of guys talk about things that I don't care to hear about or say things like, "We need some rain to warsh the air."  Warsh. Or worsh. It's like nails on a chalkboard to hear that. In high school I actually stopped dating a guy because he said "worsh" and "warsp" for wash and wasp. Where do they find the "r" in those words?!

So while I'm waiting for my guy to show off his testosterone I discovered that I can entertain myself with my cell phone and a nook app. I can read all of the digital books that I've purchased and/or check out digital books from the library with the Overdrive app! Joy!
A James Patterson novel.
 Within minutes of taking the picture of my phone, the SD card died and I lost all of my pictures and music. I.am.heartbroken. And yet angry at the same time.

Sunday morning began the day with fried eggs and bacon. Mmmmm. You really can't have too much hot sauce.
Thanks for cooking breakfast, Chuck!
 The weather was something straight from Armegeddon with scorching temps and very little breeze. Your face would melt off if you spent too much time outside.  Nevertheless, my brave husband put together a trampoline for the kids (our other had sadly succumbed to the elements and died an uninspiring death) and changed the brakes on my minivan, Vincent Van Go. By the end of the day he was exhausted and had taken two showers.

Hmmm....trampoline. Maybe I can get some exercise on it too! Fun. :)

Monday was grocery store day. Charlie wasn't feeling well (allergies?) so school was minimal for him.

I picked up some pre-seasoned chicken fajitas for dinner. They were delicious! I mean really good. I'm going to get some more of those. I used my electric griddle and first cooked some bell pepper and onion in some coconut oil & a little butter with a dash of soy and Worcestershire sauce (house smelled edible) and then cooked the chicken fajitas. Served with sour cream and cheese on low carb tortillas. Yummo!
 And Rachel made Chuck a birthday/Father's Day cake since we were out of town when his birthday came around. It's a canoe cake with cattails! It's adorable.

 Yesterday both Charlie and I were feeling terrible. It has to be allergies. But it sure can make you feel like you have something worse.  Not much school going on but I did read a book and worked on a puzzle book. I love the variety puzzle books that you can buy at the grocery store in the magazine aisle.

The whole day I really felt like death. My eyes itched so bad that I wanted to claw them out and almost did. Chuck brought home some Claritin which relieves the symptoms slightly.

Still had to cook dinner so I made the quick and easy cheeseburgers on half of a low carb pita. Oh man, those were good! I used Kroger's burger seasoning spices and it really gives it a good flavor.  Also served it with some wonderful watermelon. I have to be careful around watermelon. I could easily eat the whole thing.
The burger may not look like anything special but it was sooooo good.
Happy Hump Day to ya. Hope you're allergy free and having a great week.

11 comments:

  1. I love kickboxing class! It is such a good workout and leaves me sweating and about to pass out (in a good way).
    I also enjoy dance classes like hip hop aerobics and Zumba.
    I need to get back to a spin class and I am going to attempt to try yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running. But I thought you knew that about me already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warsh is a real word in Tennessee. If you ever come to visit we will drive you nuts. My favorite exercise is walking and gliding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, triple love biking!

    The warsh thing - my MIL does that and I find it really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your allergies are so bad Kelly. Hope you feel better soon. Right now, I have a foot injury, so yoga is my friend. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running. But swimming is good in the summer - I swear it keeps me cool for hours afterward.

    Sounds like the heat is getting to you, and of course, the allergies. I take Claritin and Zyrtec (yes, both) every day and they are bearable for me most of the time. Just a thought for you.

    I hope you get your groove back with exercising - you seem to have much more energy when you are bike riding or what-have-you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that we should worsh the bikes before we ride again. It's been a while.

    Oh - and be careful coming out of the garage... a group of worsps have fixed up a nayst right near th' bushes on the raight.

    :)

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. You list looks fun..Love the pictures of the food. I haven't tried kickboxing or zumba yet. When I'm done recovering from my surgery I will have to give it the ole' college try

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Yoga
    2. Swimming
    3. Hiking
    4. Elliptical
    5. Recumbent bike

    Nice cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything you eat!
    I like CrossFit.
    Hiking.
    Walking.
    Anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. weights
    weights
    weights
    and
    weights :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)