Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back to Our Regular Scheduled Program

Now that Beachpalooza-ing is over, it's time to get back to the daily grind.

I have not run in a week! I had some "issues" that required some antibiotics but all is well now so I'm back at it. And my weight is up two pounds since last week which really isn't too much of a surprise.

And here's the part where I get all fired up to lose these last pounds once and for all. I'm really sick of fighting those same pounds over and over. Time to get busy. Again! I'm ready to reach my goals. Size 8. That's what I want. And it's not like I'm that far away from it either. It's just I get complacent ("This is good enough.") and stop trying as hard. Well, enough already! I'm irritating myself.

Wednesday I finally finished up the Burn Phase of Chalene Xtreme which is a strength training routine. Yay! Time to move on to another phase!
32 minutes strength training

That evening we went out for dinner at BJs Brewhouse. I did have a beer called a snakebite which is layered Guiness and cider ale (OK, that was before I was all gung ho about losing the remainder of my excess pounds.) and a seared ahi tuna salad. Very yum. And I didn't have to cook or do dishes.

Hottest wasabi I've ever had!
Thursday morning the alarm went off (which is really Chuck calling me to tell me to get up because he's already at work or on his way) but I really didn't want to leave that warm, soft bed. And there was a small threat of rain. Soooo.....I should just go to the Y and treadmill my run later, right?

Sigh. OK. I'll get up. It's been a week since I ran my schedule! Saturday we did Beachpalooza and Monday & Tuesday I took off. No excuses. Just do it!!! You don't have to like it; you just have to do it!

So out the door running. The first 5 minutes I felt pretty good but things went downhill. I don't know if it's being off a week or the antibiotics that do a number on my stomach or just a bad day or what! But it was a bit painful. I even got a side stitch. I can't remember the last time I've had one of those.

At mile 2 I thought, "I have to run 6 miles this Saturday? How in the world am I going to do that?!" But I won't give up. I'll do it. I'll do it. I can do it.

25 minutes, 12 minute pace, 2.08 miles, avg HR 163 bpm
5 minutes running/1 minute walking intervals
Running splits: 10:50,11:08, 11:28, 12:00, 9:59 (that last one was only 1 minute running)

At least I'm back out there and running. That's good!

And I also had a bit of a panic last night. I realized that I only have 9 days before my 10 mile relay. I'll run 5 miles then hand off to my running buddy. A bit nervous about this one. This will be the longest I've ever run in a race. One mile at a time. I can do it! (If I say it enough I'll believe it, right?!)

Time for the weekly training picture update. This is for week 8 of half marathon training. Can't believe it's 8 weeks already!!
Wearing my new hat that Shelley gave me. Love it!

Y'all have a great Thursday. I'm curious: are you training for any events or races????

8 comments:

  1. No races or anything like that but I'm trying to prepare for our first hiking trip. I'm using the treadmill at an incline and just walking at my own pace. I'm out of shape so I'm just starting at the beginning. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a regular thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, Kelly!
    I have stayed at this weight - but not size -
    for a year now. And that's ok.
    For me, now, it's more about health than
    skinniness. Fitness and feeling good every day
    is something I never want to be without -
    now that I've experienced it first hand...
    And not just read about on some web-site!

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the key - at least you got out there and ran. I swear, getting out the door is the hardest part some days!

    P.S. You look cute in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I totally have to just get up and go. If I put the run off to later, it doesn't happen because my get up and go has got up and went!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly you are looking so good - and love the hat :)
    I'm just hoping to put one foot in front of the other for the next while - that's my goal.
    Love reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking so good in that picture!

    Do you take probiotics after you take antibiotics?

    I am in training for LIFE!

    You will do well on your races...you are a running machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOK AT YOU!! What an athlete you look like. You are still killin' it. So proud of you. Get on with your badself and that marathon training!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)