Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grab Bag of Randomness

So far I'm doing pretty good with my goals from yesterday's post.

Wednesday morning I had my hill run. I noticed that I look down to the ground every single time a car passes. I never hold my head up. So I made it a point to keep my head up. No more of that mess. I just told myself to look at their license plates as they passed. Worked great.
-----------------------------------
Rachel has her 1 year anniversary party of Gavel Club (a youth division of Toastmasters) so she made a cake for the celebration. Love it.
---------------------------------
I've really been enjoying the sunrises each morning. Each one is different and beautiful. Thursday morning sunrise.
 A little bit further into my run I had to get one more picture.
 ---------------------------------------
Wow! With the right lighting I'm very tall and very skinny!
----------------------------------------
A 25 minute run was on the schedule today. My legs were a little tired from the hill training yesterday but I felt great on the run.
25 minutes, 2.10 miles, 11:55 pace, avg HR 160bpm
-----------------------------------------
I am doing great with my eats this week (well, after the pizza incident) and have lost 1.7 pounds so far of the 4 I had gained.
-----------------------------------------
Time for week 6 picture of half marathon training. This Saturday is my first 5 mile run. I can do it! No problem. ;-)
Happy Thursday to you. :)

7 comments:

  1. You are very inspiring, Kelly. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ye witty fools" made me smile. Good luck on your five miler - dang, FIVE miles!!! Look how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cake! Rachel is a wonder!!! I am impressed that she is part of Toastmasters...I still dread public speaking.

    I am seeing some sweet sunrises too when I am getting ready for work.

    Great run!!!

    Good luck on your five miles!!! I know you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual I will say that you look wonderful!
    All is good - the cake the run - everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it!! You really are an inspiration. And Rachel is rockin' the cake world :)

    Have a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now it's dark when I leave for my run and still dark when I come home. I do miss the sunrises, it's so beautiful, especially when there aren't many people outside, it feels like being alone in the world. Just you and the sun that's awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel really does have a future in cake decorating! So fun. Good luck on that run!!! Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)