Friday, October 7, 2011

To Run or Not to Run, That is the Question

Thursday turned out to be a rest day for me. I just felt like I needed it. Even though a run was scheduled.

Later that evening our run club was having a running clinic at Sun & Ski Sports. The Newton shoes people were going to be there so I had to go.

Oooh! Pretty colors!!! The guy in the black shirt is the Newton rep. His pace for a 10 miler is 6:15. Yeah. And he's a triathlete. Impressive. When I grow up I want to be fast. And a triathlete!
 They gave us a few goodies.......
 We learned about the biomechanics of running. How Newton shoes work. It was a nice little seminar.

Then I walked around and found lots of things I wanted. I was good. Didn't buy one thing!!

Saw these though. Have you ever seen race photos of guys with bloody nipples?! Apparently their shirts rub and cause some painful injuries.

So cute!!! I wanted this but $65? I have trouble spending that on a shirt. Unless I keep thinking about it and finally come to the conclusion that I must have it. Still thinking......
------------------------------------
Friday I needed to get in my last weekday run before the big race. What big race, you ask? Oh, I am doing the Space City 10 Miler on Sunday. My buddy Renee and I will be running the relay! It's still a little early to be nervous. Tomorrow may be another story though.

So I woke up this morning feeling like I had been drinking all night and I hadn't! I had water. I felt dizzy and nauseous. Maybe it's morning sickness. (I'm joking!!)

Then I get out there finally and my Garmin dies during the first interval. Needs to be charged. Oops! I tried to remember where I usually stop for my 1 minute walk breaks. I did the best I could. It's so weird running without technology!

The run just never felt good. But sometimes those things happen. I was seriously considering skipping the run. It was like the universe was telling me to skip it. But instead I saw it as a challenge to get out there and do it no matter what!

I mapped it online afterwards and it seems close to what I'd usually run so I'm going with it.
25 minutes; 11:50 pace, 2.11 miles
-------------------------------
Time for the weekly update picture. This is Half Marathon training week 9!
Wearing the shirt and hat that Shelley gave me that match my uber-cool Newtons. I be fashionizing my workouts.
------------------------------------------
I also got to pick up my race packet today. It was at a triathlon shop in Houston. Oh wow!!! It was like a giant candy store for me! So many expensive things wanted to come home with me.

Get my packet to the car to see all of the cool goodies. Wait! Where's the goodies?! Just a bunch of race brochures. Some races spoil you. I like to be spoiled. This one is not spoiling me.

BUT I did get a very cool long sleeve Brooks tech shirt! My first long sleeve running shirt. I usually give up running and living in the winter. haha! Not this year!

Time to go celebrate my father-in-law's birthday with cake and margaritas!

Oh, that reminds me. I started weighing myself weekly starting today. Do you really want to know what it is? When I eat poorly it shows. You can't out-train your diet. That's fo sho!
177.3
My goal is to lose 5 pounds by next Friday. Think big, right?!

Have a good weekend!! There's a very good chance I'll be posting tomorrow because I'm getting to meet a fellow blogger tomorrow in Galveston! :)

5 comments:

  1. Have fun on your run this weekend, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in your new running outfit, if I do say so myself! ;)

    How nice that you got a long-sleeved tech shirt! It's like the universe is telling you that you will keep running this winter.

    Going to Galv tomorrow and meeting a blogger? I'm jealous!!! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking so hot my computer smoked! Love that green top and the killer legs. :)

    You'll get the pounds off. YOU WILL. Go with your sexy self and burn the fat, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)