Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Come Run With Me

I'd love to have you guys as my running buddies. We all live scattered apart so I thought I'd do the next best thing and take you along on a virtual run with me. Come along. This will be an easy run, I promise.

First I had to drop Rachel off for her music history class. Then I drive over to a park in Sugar Land. Such a "sweet" name for a town.

We'll start our run by warming up with a nice walk. See that bridge? We'll cross over it then start our 5 minutes of running and 1 minute walking intervals.
We'll start slow because my calves are tight and this is supposed to be an "easy" run anyway.

OK. 5 minutes done! That wasn't so bad. And look at that beautiful view.
 OK. We have to walk briskly for 1 minute then start running for 5 minutes again. This is an "easy" run so we should be able to hold a conversation while running without gasping for breath.
 Look at us go! We're halfway done! Five minutes goes by fast when you have a buddy to run with. It's not always fun to run alone. Sometimes I like it because it gives me time to think.  When I was growing up I had a place at a pond that was my "alone place" where I could go to read, practice my flute, bird watch or just think.  I still like that solitude from time to time.
 Stop! Pause the Garmin. Look how pretty. I have to get a picture. I'll actually pass this during my half marathon in January. This is part of the course. Nice, eh?
Five more minutes done! And what a great place to stop for a walk break. So serene. Wonder if I could dig that oak tree up and take it home. Hmmmm.....
OK. Just one more minute of running to make it our 25 minutes. And then that's it! We're finished!

I really am enjoying the scenery here. Now just a nice 5 minute cool down walk and we're done.
That wasn't so bad, was it?! Let's see how we did. I hope I didn't hold you back. I'm a little slow.
25 minutes, 2.09 miles, 11:58 pace

I have a bit of leftover low carb bagel from breakfast. There are some ducks that look like they could use a little breakfast. And they do seem to enjoy it!
I still have a few minutes before I have to pick up Rachel. And there just happens to be enough change in the car for me to buy a Monster! Yum! Cheers! To a good run with good company.
Do you enjoy running? Have you ever done a race? Do you have aspirations of pushing yourself? People with passion attract me. They inspire me. I like to meet people who have a drive to do more and better themselves. Do you have a passion?

I'd have to say mine change from time to time. And I'm ok with that. Right now my passion is to see how far I can push my body (with proper training, of course!). Can I do a half marathon? Can I do a marathon? Can I do a triathlon? Can I do a half irnoman? Can I ride a century? I want to see what I'm capable of. I want to be my own superhero. :)

On the way home I have to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. I stop at Kroger not because I'm such a huge fan. It's just that I know where everything is so I can get in and get out.

Oh wow! If I buy 10 Sugar Free Rock Stars they'll only be $0.99 each! I'll get 20. :) Then send Chuck to the store to get some more at the Kroger near his work. I'm set for a couple of weeks at least. (Joking!) Don't tell me they're not good for me. We all have our vices. haha

Time to make lunch. Err....breakfast? After the Great Pumpkin Fun Run my friend and I went out for breakfast and I got the best breakfast quesadilla and I was wanting some more. I spruced it up by adding turkey sausage, a little onion powder, cilantro, salt and pepper, cheese all on a low carb tortilla. The only thing lacking was jalapenos! YUM! Breakfast quesadillas for lunch.

I'm trying to eat better. Doesn't help that I found two bags of Reese's cups in the pantry that were supposed to go in the candy bowl to hand out to kids on Halloween. I think Chuck didn't put it in there on purpose!

Allergies have been giving me a fit lately! It really makes a difference in running. It's hard to breath when the sinuses don't want to cooperate. I'd like to say that's the reason I'm running so slow but we both know better.

Listen, there is a FUN FUN run/obstacle course coming up in March 2012. March 25th to be exact. It's in a little town called Baytown not too far away from Houston. It's women only! (the race, not the town. That would be weird!) It's called the Dirty Girl and it's between 2-3 miles and for fun only. We won't even be timed! We get a shirt, a medal and a great post race party.  You wanna join me?! I've signed up for the 11am wave. I'd LOVE to have you do it too. What do you think? You can check out their web site HERE and let me know. I think you'd enjoy it! :)

Have yourself a great day! Thanks for coming along on the run with me. It really is nice to have a running buddy.

6 comments:

  1. It was fun running with you Kelly. I am now stretching my hamstrings! :) Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really pretty place to run - thanks for taking us along!

    Never heard of a breakfast quesadilla but it looks good. May have to get my chef hat on and try making one. :)

    Oh, and I'm a Dirty Girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm developing a passion for hiking and I'm hoping to get into some serious backcountry camping. My dream is to some day be in good enough shape to do part of the Appalachian Trail. I would love to be able to carry enough gear and food to be able to stay on the trail for a week. I'll let you know how I progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a nice run and such a great post! Thanks for sharing with us. (long time lurker, but love your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOVE
    and, someday, we shall in real life :)


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the virtual run and that is how it will stay..as a 75 yr old with heart problems it is treadmill downhill for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)