Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Quickie

Good Wednesday to you! Not a lot going on yesterday so this is going to be a quickie.

  • Adding a teen to the auto insurance is expensive and I don't like it. I'm glad the kids are spaced 5 years apart!
  • I felt like crap yesterday but today I only feel crap-ish. Allergies? I refuse to believe I'm getting a cold.
  • Chuck treats me way better than I deserve. He makes sure I take medicine, offers to pick up dinner, and rubs my sore legs without me even asking. Thank you!
  • Absolutely no exercise yesterday.
  • Had to cancel camping reservations for the week of Thanksgiving. I haven't told the kids yet. I hate to see them disappointed.
  • I will not being doing the Texas Metric Marathon on Sunday as planned.
  • Good news: I still have an 11K race Friday morning for Veterans Day and a 1 mile family fun walk that evening!
  • Still trying to eat better. Made a tuna wrap for lunch.
  • Dinner was fairly quick and very easy: salad with feta and broccoli chicken over rice
Broccoli Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts
1 Tbs butter or oil
1 (10 oz) can broccoli cheese soup
1/2 cup milk or water
2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter or oil. I sprinkled mine with a little seasoning first. Place chicken in 9x13baking dish. In a bowl, mix soup and milk together. Stir in broccoli and salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken in baking dish. Cover and bake at 350* for about 15 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.

  • Biggest Loser had some interesting information. "Fluffy" people crave food more but it doesn't satisfy them much. Thinner people crave the food less and it satisfies them more. They showed the pleasure receptors in the brain lighting up differently. Interesting.
  • Since I wasn't feeling too great I had a date with Mr Nyquil. He's not a lot of fun. He always puts me to sleep. ;)

Hope you're day is bright and happy!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Kelly. I hope it isn't a cold and that you feel even better tomorrow. I'm having allergy sinus issues too but am much better on meds. I'm taking generic claritin daily. The broccoli chicken look YUM. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better get well before the big run! ;) Everything looks so good. And I hear you about the teens. Our bous are 15 months apart... we wont be able to afford to drive when they turn 16... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks soo good! I need to TRY making a tuna wrap, maybe with strawberry preserves! YUM!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to do an 11K on 11-11-11! Love that!!!

    Hope it IS just allergies - do you take any meds? I use claritin and zyrtec at the same time...Texas allergies are killer.

    We had TWO teenage drivers on the insurance policy - looking back, no wonder I was poor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling much better!

    Enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better as I am dropping by a tad dragging feet, too

    I have not recovered from my loooong road trip plus two medical trips, one of which is still pending. And trip to ER and hospitalization.

    So enjoy a little special attention!! It heals better than a pill.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)