Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twas the Night Before the Race...

Twas the night before the big race
And all through the house
Every creature was stirring.
Fortunately, there wasn't a mouse!

I had gone to the doctor on Friday
To see if my calves would be fine on race day!
They were feeling so very tight
And doctor said I wasn't stretching them right!

He talked about giving Cortisone in a shot!!
We discussed options and possible causes
But decided that Prednisone and stretches were good
Because Achilles tendinitis it was not.

Stretches were to be done three times a day
One with back leg straight and held
Then another with back leg bent
In the hope that the pain would go away!
Saturday I picked up my packet for the race
Which was filled with a shirt, hat, bib with my name,
Lip balm, sticker, lunar bar, drawstring bag,
And even a temporary tattoo for my face!
All of the training has been leading to this!
My first half marathon and running 13.1.
I never thought I'd come this far
And when I finish it'll be pure bliss!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck out there and have fun! Can't wait for the race recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the recap on this as well. I wish you the best of luck. I hope the calf muscles are better now and that you are all set to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Kelly - you are going to rock the half! Enjoy it and all the work that you did training for it will pay off :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great swag bag - bet it got you all pumped up for the race! Are you going to wear the face tattoo? Text me when you're done - I can't wait to hear how you did! Of course, I know you'll do great - you've trained for this...now you get to go out and have fun. Take it all in - you'll want to remember every bit of your first half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is awesome! You are really out there doing it!
    I love that about you! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to the recipe recap Kelly. Hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)