Friday, January 13, 2012

Crockpot Jambalaya

Friday Friday! Happy Friday. Doing the happy dance. I love the weekends.

I realize not much exciting has been going on in the Happy Texan life lately. I need to change that. Time for adventure. Excitement! New things!

Well, next weekend I will be running a 5K in a gorilla suit through the streets of Austin. That's new!! I need to get a tiara. Must have a classy gorilla.

I'm feeling so much better. As a matter of fact, I'm bouncing off the walls! I actually thought about driving to Galveston tonight just for the heck of it. Just to see the ocean. Then drive home.

Maybe it's time to get out there and start exercising off some of that energy. Yeah, it's time.

So instead of giving you the daily ups and downs of the scale, I'm just going to give you the weekly weigh in. That ok? On Tuesday.

Let's get to the daily eats. I don't have anything else to share that was exciting. Well, there was this one time that the cat was staring intently at something and I touched her tail and she jumped about 4 feet in the air. It was hilarious but I guess it's one of those things you had to see to truly appreciate.

Today marks day something of induction. I've lost count. All I know is that this phase is over on Tuesday. I'm going to party down and have a walnut on that day because that's how I roll. I'm wild and crazy like that! I'm ready for some nuts! ha!

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with a little cream and topped with cheese and some bacon crumbles. Can I go a day without bacon? It doesn't seem like it. Oh, and a lot of hot sauce because I like it spicy!
 Lunch: Chuck brought home the always healthy McDonald's. I got this lovely double cheeseburger without the bun or ketchup or.....ok it will be easier to tell you what was on it:only mustard and cheese. That's it. I'm a simple girl. I ate half of this. It's so filling and.....bland.
 No fries. Side salad.
 Snack: My lovely aged gouda with the little salt crystals that just burst in your mouth with flavor. I don't think I've ever eaten this without moaning and groaning. It's quite an experience. Have you tried aged gouda? If so, you know exactly what I'm talking about!
 Dinner: wasn't very hungry but I'd had this Crock Pot Jambalaya cooking all day in the...well, the crockpot just like the name says.
 Chicken, andouille sausage, cauliflower and the trinity (bell peppers, celery and onion). Dang this stuff is good!!!
 The creator of the recipe no longer has it on her blog since it's published in a cookbook now. So I guess she doesn't want it out there in bloggerland. But you too can have the recipe if you get this book. ;)

Dessert: eventually I wanted a little sweet. I admit that I have a sweet tooth. Maybe that's why I'm having these stupid insulin issues. At least I'm not craving a brownie like a meth addict anymore.

Instead I made up a few of those pork skins with a little butter and sprinkled with cinnamon/sweetener. Don't judge me! It's not nasty. I only had 4 of these guys. I shared.
Ok, look. You won't have to see them for a while. I'll stop making them. I can see you cringe every time I post this. Yeah, I can see you through the internet.

I promise next week you'll see some better desserts. Not violated pork rinds.

That's the eats for Friday the 13th. The jambalaya was pretty spectacular. Loved it!!! And it makes a lot.

I really haven't been hungry the past few days. This happens from time to time. Didn't happen once in December though! I was so bad. I'm still trying to lose what I gained that month. Ugh. What was I thinking?! Oh yeah, I was thinking, "Damn this is fun!"

Happy Friday the 13th. Have yourself a great weekend!! I plan to work off some of this energy! Wish you were here and could join me. A hike, a jog, a bike ride...whatever.

OK. I'm rambling. Signing off. Bye until next time. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh that Jambalaya looks so good! One of my favorites! Need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jambalaya!!! Yum! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow cookers rule...and anything that gets a cat to jump 4 feet in the air is ok in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to be there at the finish line to cheer you on and wish I was running with you! Can't wait! We should plan to have dinner that night or something. Text or FB me and let me know if you already have plans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cooking in the crockpot and that Jambalaya looks so good. I think I am going to have to find that book one day.
    Glad to read you are feeling much better and have a ton of energy :)
    Have a great weekend Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I had to go look up Lisa Marshall's recipe in the cookbook. It looks and sounds wonderful. Thanks for the heads up and the mention for our cookbook. ((HUGS)) I'm going to add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)