Friday, January 6, 2012

Feeling Groovy

Day 4 of Induction and I am feeling so much better! Very slight headache but I'm energetic and happy. Just feeling good.
Chuck, on the other hand, is still under the weather. It's been over a week. He went back to the doctor today. Doc said he's getting better but gave him a steroid shot to help out. (He doesn't know I took this picture. Sneaky I am.)

By the evening he was feeling a bit better. The nurse said he would feel better by the morning. We'll see. ;)

Friday was also park day for the kids. I noticed that fall has finally come to Texas!
 I also got in my knife sharpener!! Chef's Choice M130. I admit it: I hate reading instructions. I forced myself to read them then had fun sharpening the knives. Watch out! I'm dangerous now.
Weight loss? Lost .9 pounds bringing the total to 5.5 pounds since Tuesday. Chuck, the show off, lost 7 pounds since Tuesday. It's not fair. But good for you, Chuck.

The eats for Friday had a total carb count of 17.6 grams.

Breakfast: a HUGE protein shake! It was only 1 scoop of protein powder and a little sugar free chocolate syrup by DaVinci, some almond milk and a bit of ice. Ok, I added too much ice and it became this enormous shake. Oh, and I added a little bit of coconut oil for a nice feel and the fat keeps me full longer. Anyway, it was big.
 Lunch: low carb burger from Carl's Jr with bacon. No tomatoes, onions or ketchup.
 Snack: boiled egg with salt (why yes, this is the same picture as yesterday. lol)
 Dinner: I tried a new recipe for eggplant Parmesan. The meat sauce called for a pound of ground beef and half a pound of sausage. I chose to use some wild boar Italian sausage.
 First, you fry some eggplant that's been coated with egg then dipped in parmesan.
 Line a 9x13 pan with the eggplant.
 Make a meat sauce with the ground beef, sausage, 1 1/2 cup sugar free spaghetti sauce and 2 garlic cloves. Pour on top of the eggplant.
 Top with a cup of mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Done! 6 servings.
 A pretty big portion for 4 grams of carbs! It was really tasty. Rachel is not a fan of eggplant so she wasn't too thrilled. Every one else liked it.
 Also had a ginormous salad topped with cucumbers and homemade sweet mustard dressing. Oh so good. I think this was my favorite part of the meal. That dressing is quickly becoming my favorite.
 Dessert was a couple of sugar free toffee squares. Yum!

I have a recipe for eggnog french toast that I want to try. I made the eggnog bread Friday night so Saturday morning breakfast would be a snap.
I cut a very small piece off. Ewww! This is nasty! I'm hoping that something magical will happen when I turn it into french toast but somehow I have a feeling I'll be cooking bacon and eggs for the family. I'll let you know the outcome.

Friday was a good day. Day 4 of induction done! Only 10 more days to go before I start adding some goodies back to the diet like almonds (hello, almond meal! Let's make a memory or at least some brownies).

Hope you're Friday was happy and tasty and healthy.
Any plans for the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. The eggplant parmesan looks yummy. I will have to try it sometime. The only problem is that I doubt the kids will eat it. They don't do eggplant.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Chuck is feeling better tomorrow - the shot should do the trick. Terrible how this stuff just seems to hang on!

    Maybe your eggnog bread just needs to "cure" overnight? It looks good, anyway!

    We are putting this house back in order after a week of painting and moving new furniture in and old furniture out. It will be nice to get the house mucked out and cleaned up. And then, a long walk for me. Sounds pretty perfect after all the busyness of the last couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally Fall came - after we had Spring all last week! FOod looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)