Friday, January 20, 2012

Gorilla in Your Midst

Friday and time to head to Austin!

I had my breakfast of a couple of slices of leftover low carb pizza, a piece of lemon bar, and a sugar free Rock Star. Breakfast of champions.

After running around and packing and picking up books at the library we were set to leave. But by this time it's 1:00 and time for lunch.

Lunch: a quick low carb  bacon cheeseburger at Carl's Jr and a Diet Coke.


Oh, I LOVE road trips. We saw some of the damage from the wildfires we had in Texas a few months ago. So sad.
We got to Austin just in time for rush hour. But I made it to the running store to pick up my packet and gorilla suit.

Then we finally got checked in to the hotel. What a great room!


Ok, now I'm starving! Steak was on the menu so we headed into town and found a Saltgrass Steakhouse.

Chuck and I order our steaks, and veggies and Caesar salad. The waiter brings out the salad and said, "I put the croutons on the side. By the way you ordered I assumed you are eating low carb." Wow! Now that's observant!

He then stayed at the table and talked for around 15 minutes because he's low carb too and wanted to talk and talk and talk. But it was fine. We didn't mind. It's nice meeting new people.

I got a sirloin steak topped with blue cheese butter and broccoli. Soooooo good! Sorry about picture quality.

Then time to head back to hotel and try on the gorilla costume. Um, I got the wrong size. Apparently I did not, in fact, need a large. I'm a medium gorilla. Yeah. I present to you my gorilla photo shoot. 

Hot, hot, hot.
 Oh, you naughty gorilla!
 Vogue, girl! Flaunt it if ya got it.
 High class gorilla can wear a tiara, boa and pearls and make it work.
 Oh dear! Bad gorilla! How did that picture get in there?!

Seriously, the costume is super itchy and hot. It's like being trapped in a bag with a bunch of steel wool sponges. But I still think this is going to be AWESOME!

Now it's time for me to relax. I'm not nervous at all. I brought my Garmin but, really, what's the point? Who do I think I'm kidding? I can't run very far in this costume. There are going to be 1200 gorillas running around downtown Austin and partying in the street at a pub afterwards. Yeah, this is going to be fun!!

Looking forward to sharing the day with you tomorrow! Wish me luck. I'm just hoping I don't trip and fall on my beautiful gorilla face. ;)

7 comments:

  1. LOL - I can't imagine running in that!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you make that costume look good! Glad you accessorized it so Chuck can pick you out from the crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Yep, definitely not a race to worry about the Garmin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to hear how this goes! I love the boa with the suit. It does look like it will be hot. Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeheehee...you look hilarious! Love the pearls, tiara, and boa...now that is the way to work a gorilla suit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that does look hot. I can't wait to see the pictures of the run. You are one amazing girl if you run in that suit.
    Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you accesorized your gorilla, you will be the best looking gorrila there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)