Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just a Day

Not much going on here. I'm still not feeling great. And for someone who just rested most of the day, it was still a long day. That's just the way it goes.

I did a lot of thinking, as I often do when it's a long day. Who do I want to be? What do I want to accomplish? What makes me happy? What makes me sad? That sort of thing. It helps me set goals and gives me direction.

I know the top of my goal list is getting this Kelly Belly in shape. I think I have the food part going in the right direction. I mean, the weight is going down and I'll get blood work done in the next month or two to make sure that all is well. I've read the research but I want to see it for myself. Always a skeptic.

Secondary on my list of self improvement is to continue to challenge myself. Half marathon was the biggie in 2011. What does 2012 hold? We've already done half marathon. I read "if your goals don't scare you then they aren't big enough." I like that. So maybe this is the year of the triathlon? Something new; something challenging.

Third, I want to do something extraordinary and memorable each month. As I was compiling my "Year in Review" posts I noticed that every month we did something great. I really enjoyed that. I may not always have the money to do something extravagant but I can always find a way to make a memorable moment.

Fourth, I had such a good time meeting people and making friends and reconnecting with old friends in 2011 that I want to keep that momentum going. It was a very good year. I still have a little trouble letting my guard down around people. I guess that happens when you've had people in the past rip your heart out and step on it. Haha! But I'd say I'm getting better.

Still no running or exercise. I would like to get to feeling better before I start pushing my body to do even more. Patience. The time is coming.

Wednesday weigh in: down .9 pounds  8.4 pounds lost since last Tuesday.

Eats:
Breakfast: Gingerbread Muffin in a Minute. I topped it with a little cream cheese. It was good but a little dry. I think a minute in the microwave is too long. Maybe mine will be muffin in a 45 seconds.
 Lunch: I just wasn't too hungry today. Maybe because I wasn't feeling 100%. Nothing sounded good for lunch until I remembered I had some Chappell Hill Jalapeno sausage in the fridge. So after cooking in a little butter I served up a piece with cucumber, celery and a little ranch. Fantastic. Love this stuff and I'm not a huge fan of sausage.
 Dinner: I have to cook? How about bacon cheeseburger wraps?! Oh these hit the spot. So good.
Not a lot of veggies and not a lot of carbs. I just wasn't in the mood to focus on food. It's hard to think about these things when you're under the weather.

Excuse me, my friends. I have a date with Mr. Nyquil tonight so I'm going to bed early. Goodnight. Sweet dreams. I'll talk with ya tomorrow. Hope you had a fantastically happy day!!

8 comments:

  1. You are determined and nothing can slow you down, don't let anyone tell you your doing the wrong thing or talk you down, you know what's right for you, keep it up!!

    On the running start slow, I would just walk a couple of miles and then slowly bring back running in to the mix, I know in no time you'll be doing another half and then a tri.

    Good luck!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed with your dietary discipline and bringing in all of these creative recipes...something big..hmm...marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good goals, Kelly and I have no doubt you will meet them. I wish you the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Just wanted to say thanks for posting these food pics every day. Their helping me a lot. I'm not counting carbs like you, but I am cutting back on them. I lost 4.6 lbs. last week. Trying hard every day. Your pics are giving me great ideas and keeping me going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I spelled they're wrong....duh, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah - sucks you aren't feeling well Kelly - hope by the time you read this you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better!

    So great to have another year to achieve great things!

    That sausage and that cheeseburger look fine!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food looks wonderful... you are awesome.... and I hope you get well soon... and get back to living your wonderful and happy life!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)