Saturday, January 7, 2012

Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza!!!

First, for something important. The Texans won!!! Very excited about that. I never thought I'd watch football but it's pretty exciting.

Weight loss: not this time. It went up a little bit. No worries. Weight fluctuates. It went up .4 of a pound. Still down over 5 pounds overall so far.

Today was errand day. Had to get groceries, pet food, Red Bull mix for the Soda Stream (and I just had to have some Yankee candles that were half off!), etc.

First I went to a local farmer's market called Froberg's. Their produce is so much cheaper and better than what I find at the grocery store. Any lettuce is .99 cents!
 The loot! The nuts are for my parrots. Love going to that place.

Chuck is feeling much better. Guess the shot helped out! He even went to the range to try out some new bullets.

Breakfast: OK, last night I made some eggnog bread to make french toast. This morning I cut it into slices but it smelled so nasty that I tossed it in the trash. Ick!

Instead I made the low carb pancakes. These are really good! Rachel and Chuck enjoyed them as well. Charlie opted out. He doesn't know what he's missing. approx 4.5 grams carbs
 Lunch: After the visit to the farmer's market, I needed lunch. Heading to the grocery store while hungry is just asking for a disaster to happen. Ice cream and cookies tend to jump into the cart on their own. I swear I never touch them.

So I had some leftover Taco Bake covered in a bunch of lettuce, some salsa and sour cream. Tasty! approx. 7.3 grams carbs?
 Dinner: a friend had mentioned having pizza for dinner and suddenly I knew I had to have some. Fortunately for me I just happened to have a recipe for low carb gluten-free deep dish pizza!! Look how pretty!
 Mine was topped with wild boar Italian sausage, pepperoni and a few bell peppers.
 Charlie said that this was one of the top 3 favorite things of his now of all the things I've made. Yeah, it was good. The crust was even crisp. I was surprised how good it turned out.

The crust recipe is HERE.
The pizza sauce recipe is HERE.
Both are found in Low Carbing Among Friends cookbook.

I will definitely be making this again. I still can't quite get over that I had low carb pizza that tasted fantastic. :-D Carbs in crust 1.3 grams carbs. Pizza sauce and toppings approx. 4.5 grams carbs

Dessert: eventually I craved a little something sweet. So I nibbled on an Atkins bar here and there for a few hours. 2 grams carbs
So for the day I had approx. 19.6 grams carbs.  I didn't have as many veggies as I was supposed to even though I loaded up my taco bake with greens. Tomorrow I'll make an effort to get in more.

It was such a great day! I didn't spend too much on groceries, got some new candles, gorgeous weather, and a great meal.

Hope your Saturday was great too!

5 comments:

  1. Omg, that pizza looks delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made pizza too, but mine was topped with sauteed eggplant and roasted red peppers...perhaps a way for your veggies?

    As a new vegan, the description of your pizza rocked my world! wild boar sausage? That isn't fair, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your post. That pizza looks really good. Now I am going to have to make low carb pizza in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, I'm trying to win you back to the dark side. :)

    Kent, try the pizza! I'm loving your recipes, by the way. Trying your cinnamon rolls tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You betcha all bets are off during camping season - and when I am in Mazatlan.
    :)
    And I agree - I think we would have a lot of fun together and I also think Chuck and Ron would get along quite well.
    When Chuck comes to Calgary, you should come too - except not now during the winter - let's do summer and we can take you camping...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)