Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week One Induction Weigh In

Well, it's official. I'm not well. (no wise cracks) My throat is sore and my joints are aching. So Tuesday I rested.

It's been one week on Induction. How have I felt? The first couple of days were rough. Headaches on days two and three. But now I feel fantastic. Well, except for having a cold or whatever I have.

Cravings? When I was watching a football game I really wanted a beer. It wasn't what I'd call a craving though. I haven't craved anything since the first couple of days. I do still have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Energy? At first energy levels were way down then it went through the roof! But now that this sore throat has come around the energy level is low.

Sleep? I've been sleeping like a rock! No anxiety issues. My mood has been so good! I mean, I really feel GOOD!

Exercise? Absolutely nothing. Soon.

Hunger? Good grief. NO! None. I don't want to eat sometimes. Of course, that may be due to not feeling great. But the food has been great. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. (but I haven't been faces with a soft pretzel yet) There are so many good recipes out there. I plan to put up some links to some web sites I found recently that have some great recipes to try.

I'm glad to be back on track. Induction has not been as difficult as I thought it would be.  But I am definitely ready to add nuts to my diet. I'm ready to try some recipes that call for almond and coconut flour.

Tuesday marks the beginning of my second week of being back to eating low carb. So it's time to weigh in.

Weigh In: down 7.5 pounds I was hoping for 30 pounds. *snicker*

Eats:

Breakfast: I didn't want eggs. Actually I didn't want anything! But I finally decided I should have something. How about a Mock Danish?! Yum. I really like these. And they're filling!
 Snack: a little piece of my aged Gouda. Oh it's so good you just have to savor it. My favorite. There are little crystals full of flavor. They're probably something gross like little bacteria cities. I destroy them.
 Lunch: Knowing that I needed some veggies but not wanting to cook anything, I took a leaf of Romaine lettuce and topped it with deli meat, cheese, mayo, celery and cucumber.
 Wrapped it up and served it with some Hot n Spicy pork rinds. I know pork rinds sound gross but I've always like them. Even as a kid. So eating lower carb has nothing to do with eating pork rinds for me. I just like them! crunch crunch crunch
 Snack: no snack except a little nibble of this cheese that I was cutting up for my "potatoes" for dinner. I really like this stuff. But I'm a cheese lover. ;)
 So I made this recipe for mashed cauliflower that was supposed to taste like potatoes. I've tried mashed cauliflower a few times. It's decent but there's always a little bit of a skunky undertone to it. I really didn't expect anything different from this new recipe but I was truly surprised. It did taste like potatoes.
 Even though it was delicious, I thought I could tweak it a little and make it over the top. Bacon and cheddar did the trick. Holy guacamole! Like eating a twice baked potato. It must have been good because there was none left after dinner and Rachel asked if she could "clean" the bowl. Yeah, it was that good. I'll be making it often. You can find the recipe HERE.
 The meal was grilled T-bone steak (grilled to a perfect 135* for medium) and those perfect mashed "potatoes" and green beans. I have a very happy tummy.
I was pretty low on carbs today but I ate until I was satisfied and enjoyed a variety of veggies so I'm not going to sweat it. I think I calculated I was at around 13 grams of net carbs.

Not a lot going on in the Happy Texan house today. Just the usual cooking and the unusual being a lazy lady resting all day.

10 comments:

  1. OMG...Aged gouda...had the same thing from a little cheese shop in Berkely, CA...the little salt crystals were incredible with the deep smokey flavor of the gouda...frick and frack, that brings back some found culinary memories.

    Muchas gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i soooo need to add cauliflower into my diet, its the one vegetable I always seem to ignore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dubliner cheese is my all time favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weight loss..yeah I dream of st.epping on the scales to a 30 lb loss.

    Still doing WW . Love it better now that all fruits and most all vegetables are free. By the time our main meal comes I have most At 75 weigh all my points to burn.

    Much slower to lose at 75 than your age. Kudos to you for sticking to trying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you only lost 7.5 lbs. Better luck next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never had a pork rind, and probably never will. However, I must get my hands on some aged gouda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this talk about cheese! I agree, cheese is wonderful, but where would cheese be without steak? Steak, people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the crystals in aged Beemster...it is another primo Dutch cheese.

    Sorry you aren't feeling well...hope you get better quickly!

    Yippee to Induction! I grind pork rinds with cheese and spices, then use it to bread chicken, pork, or cheese...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking to my mashed cauliflower recipe! Glad you liked it and definitely going to be adding bacon to my next batch! I ate some for dinner tonight and it saved me from cheating because I was starving and didn't feel like cooking and was seriously tempted to cheat for the first time since I started! Always inspired by fellow low carbers losing weight - it keeps me going when the scale refuses to budge in the right direction for days at a time! Congrats and keep at it! PS I LOVE the gouda and the crystals! Oh salty crystals...nom, nom...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)