Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chicken Pizzaiola Recipe

I Love chicken. I love pizza. Let's see what happens when the two get together and create a lovechild.

First, pour tomato sauce in a 9x13 pan. I used Ragu no sugar added tomato and basil sauce. I used 3 cups but that's a bit much. Two cups would be more than enough. I had a lot left over!

Preheat oven to 450*.

Dry chicken breasts, season with salt & pepper, roll in grated parmesan. Place on top of tomato sauce.
 Bake for about 15 minutes. My chicken pieces were a bit thick so I baked them for closer to 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, turn temperature up to 475*, and top chicken with a cup of shredded mozzarella and 2 ounces of pepperoni sliced thin.

Return to oven and cook for about 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese melts and chicken is 160*.
 I served mine over buttered cauliflower rice. Delicious!
 Everybody loved it. Definitely something to make again.

Chicken Pizzaiola

2 cups tomato sauce (I used Ragu sugar free)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each), trimmed
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
2 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 450*. Spread tomato sauce in a 9x13 pan.

Dry chicken and season with salt and pepper. Roll in Parmesan and place on tomato sauce. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove chicken from oven. Increase the temperature to 475*. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella and pepperoni. Place back in oven and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is 160*.

Nutritional based on 1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup of sauce, 1 Tbsp. of Parmesan, 1/4 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 ounce of pepperoni
Calories:  466.4; Fat: 17.7g; Total Carbs: 5.8 g; Fiber: 1 gram, Protein: 66.3 grams;  Net Carbs 4.8 grams


This would make a great dinner for Valentine's Day. By the way, Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I love this holiday. Actually, I love any reason to celebrate.

Chuck got me two bottle of good tequila. This will last a while! (FYI, the Solorzano is smoother than the Don Julio anejo which surprised me!)

I also woke up and had a nice card beside me. And this Friday I'm being taken out to Babin's in Kemah and then I get the gift I really wanted: FISH!


Sounds weird, I know. But I wanted fish to feed the stingrays at the boardwalk. It's so much fun. I love it! Much better than roses or chocolates for me. Can't wait!

Today I guess I'll try my hand at making low carb cupcakes. Stay tuned for results. ;)


Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

13 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for the cool goodies. You know me well. Tequila, nice dinner and feeding stingrays. By the way, *hiccup* I reached the bottom of that tequila bottle and there were NO DIAMONDS. *hiccup* Wassa mattere wit uuu/////?

      Delete
    2. Lishen... I mshory coulnaforr dimon for you this shyear. But the t'qeela wa squite gooood.

      Delete
  2. We're pretty low key - exchange cards and make it a point to sit at the dinner table to eat (vs. in front of the TV) LOL! In other words we acknowldege but we save the big celebrations for our wedding anniversary.

    The chicken looks really good and like something Mr. Helen would love. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a nice Valentine Day. Every day is Valentine's Day. ;)

      If you try the chicken let me know what he thinks! I was quite pleased with it.

      Delete
  3. We rarely bother with it - Jeff is out of town this week, which is pretty much the norm. Sounds like you're going to have fun on Friday - um, what do stingrays eat, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stingrays eat fish! The Stingray Reef sells little baskets of fish and the stingrays practically jump out of the water begging for fish. They slurp them right out of your hands. I don't know why I get such a kick out of it but I do. LOL

      Happy Valentine's Day, Shelley!

      Delete
  4. Happy Valentine's girl!!! Woot! Isn't it a blast feeding the stingrays? I LOVE Kemah. We used to go there as a little girl and would get free crabs off the shrimp boats in the old days. It's changed so much now, sometimes I get sad. You should go buy fresh snapper or redfish at one of the fish markets while you are there! Best fish ever! I think Rosie's is still there after the hurricanes?!

    Hugs and have an awesome day. Your chicken may make a chicken lover out of me. I may be trying it soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are the shrimp boats right by the boardwalk? That's so cool! You do know that Tookie's is open again in Seabrook? Best burgers.

      YES! LOVE feeding the stingrays!!

      Delete
  5. Mmmmm...Tequila...that sounds like a fabulous idea! I think I will have to plant that idea in my hubby's head for next year, so much better than chocolate. Feeding Stingrays sounds like a lot of fun. We had a Stingray pool at our Zoo, unfortunately all the rays died and they have not re-opened it. :( Hope you had a wonderful day.

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so sweet. We celebrated by going out to lunch, which is much better than dinner on V-day. And this evening, we went to the climbing gym. A true couples activity...well...there are others, but this is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The VD dinner crowd is nuts.
      Climbing gym sounds like a lot of fun!!
      Happy Valentine's day, Kyle.

      Delete
  7. Haven't eaten at Tookies in many moons! I'd heard it reopened and yes, love their cheeseburgers!!!

    In the old days, the shrimp boats came in around the bridge area (think kinda where the boardwalk is now)? Rosies used to be under the bridge. Don't know if it's still there?? You should check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)