Sunday, March 18, 2012

St Patty's Day Happy Texan Style

Happy day after St Patrick's Day! The day where many people will wake up to see what they drunk text or posted on Facebook the night before. Not me though. I was good. :)

Saturday we had to get up early for Chuck's shooting match. There were a lot of organizational issues with this match so Chuck decided to leave before shooting the last stage. Otherwise we would have been out there all day. But even without completing the match he still came in tenth place. Pretty awesome, I think!

After lunch with Rachel and her boyfriend, we came home and took a nap. Then it was time for Rachel & boyfriend to go to a dance while Chuck and I had date night.
Ahhh.....mojitos on the patio at Las Ventanas. It was a perfect evening for it. And there was a live band, a slight breeze, beautiful landscaping. Loved it.
The outdoor patio is beautiful here. The food is a bit overpriced in my opinion but we had a voucher so we didn't spend too much. Snapper with chipotle sauce and a spinach and zucchini dish. Yum!
Chuck and I stayed until the place closed and then went walking down the street to see what other businesses were in the area. Picked up Rachel at her dance, then headed home and crashed. It really was a great evening and no green beer for me!
-------------------------------------
Friday was also a lot of fun. We got to see a hockey game and had a blast! Oh, hockey, how I've missed you!
And the Aeros won!!!
----------------------------------------
The experimentation is still going well. I broke even last week weight-wise and I learned what not to do. This will begin week 3 of experimentation for me. I'm learning a lot! I'll be disclosing all of the things I learned and tried at the end of the month/beginning of April.

The eats look mostly like this:


As you can see, I'm trying to include more veggies, no dairy, low carb.
------------------------------------
Exercise is still going well. 3.1 for 31 is still in full swing. Chuck's neck has been bothering him which makes running difficult. I hate that for him. Surgery may be in his near future. I think today we'll do our walk at Brazos Bend State Park. It's one of my favorite places to visit.

Things are going great around here. Sorry I haven't posted more. It has been so busy! But all is well and I'm super happy. Hope to drop about 5 pounds this week. I'll keep you posted!

Hope you had a great St Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Fun times and good food! No dairy sounds like something I should try, but then I would feel like I am giving up EVERYTHING I like. Maybe one day...

    Good luck with your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The evening at Las Ventanas sounded wonderful. My youngest son is doing low-carb, gluten-free and dairy-free. I'm doing low-carb and gluten-free - dairy-free would add a whole new dimension. I'm not ready to got there either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another fun Schumann weekend!

    Eek - are you and Rachel ready to get dirty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever you don't post I always assume that you're just having a great time actually living your life LOL! Glad to hear that 3.1 for 31 is still in full effect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)