Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Working it Out

Welcome to a very special exercise edition of Happy Texans.

Ok, it's not that special but I wanted to share a bit of my fitness adventures I've had over the past few days.

Still going strong with the 3.1 for 31 Days Challenge. It has been interesting to say the least! The weather in the Houston area has been bipolar lately.

During the weekend we saw flooding and weather like this....
 But that didn't stop Chuck and I. We still got out there in the cold and wind and drizzling rain to run our 7 miles Saturday morning. Such a great feeling of accomplishment afterwards.

I felt superhuman. Like I could walk on water or something!
 Then the weather would switch gears from cold and rainy to hot and beautiful sunsets.

My total mileage for last week was 25.6 miles. Yay!!

I'm also experimenting this month to figure out what my body likes/dislikes and what helps me lose weight and what hinders it.

Last week was week 1 of experimentation. I lost 13 pounds! You and I both know that's a lot of water especially since I had gained 11 pounds in two days over the weekend. So I definitely expect this week to go much slower.

Along with experimentation comes ups and downs. After the weekend I was up 5.5 pounds. No worries. Just part of the learning process. This morning I had lost 1.8 pounds of that gain. So the experiments continue. I'll divulge all of the details at the end of the month.

I've also been including around 90 squats, 90 wall pushups and 90 chest pull per day. Fun fun fun!

On water!!
Have a groovy Tuesday, y'all. Don't forget that tomorrow is National Pi Day! (3.14) Mmmm.....pie.

8 comments:

  1. I know you are a numbers person, but all of that scale gain and drop and gain and drop would make me insane. And I do not need any additional help with that, LOL!

    It's pretty badass to run in the rain - with the crazy Texas weather, you pretty much have to roll with it...and enjoy that great feeling of accomplishment when you are done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of you walking on water. ;) I'd love to hear how you lost 13 lbs! lol Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos! It sounds like your are doing well with your exercise. The ups and downs are very interesting, and I'll interested in hearing the outcome at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love your walking on water picture! Our weather has been so crazy too - just two and a half weeks ago it snowed 6 inches on my drive home from work - today it was 76 degrees - almost hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY!! Looks like you are doing well. My work is so busy that I don't have nearly as much time to check blogs like I used to. I am SO proud of your 3.1 for 31 challenge you are doing. IMPRESSIVE!! The rain you are getting is crazy. Be careful out there. It is beautiful here in the Northwest Corner of Arkansas, been in the 70's all week and just gorgeous. A little rain here and there but nothing crazy. I started taking CrossFit classes. They are the BOMB! I love them. Take care of yourself and finish strong on your challenge...YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing so well with your challenge! I love that you have a buddy to go with you...yay Chuck!

    I am looking forward to reading about your experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you Kelly. LOVE the photo of you standing on the water. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the big losses, but I have to keep my head straight - because if I lose a ton, I know that means I'll be gaining half of it back just as quick. :) I'm back on the wagon for slow-carb this week and have a hard-weight-loss goal for the next two weeks to keep me motivated.

    I think cheat days maybe overrated for me; I'd rather treat myself twice a week and go a little less-overboard. So that's the plan for now...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)