Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Buckle Up

It's been a few days since I've posted here. Sorry about that, guys. I mostly share the good things about my life here but, as a friend says, it's not always peaches and cream.

Yes, there have been a few bumps in the road lately. And those bumps carry over into my exercising and eating habits. Quite honestly, I haven't felt like doing much of anything. Not cooking, hiking, riding bikes doing exercises.

I think most of the bumpy parts are finished. So today I will be getting back to exercising and cooking whether I want to or not. I have this little mantra that goes: you don't have to like it; you just have to do it.  And I'll be saying that as I swing the hell out of some kettlebells and activate those glutes to the ceiling with some raises, etc.

Life is still good. I have a good life. But the bumps sometimes throw me for a curve and derail me. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I tend to neglect myself or sabotage myself when I hit the extra bumpy parts of the road. I let the road toss me about instead of taking control of the one thing that I do have control over and that's my health.

Today, I'm back. I'm back to blogging. I'm back to cooking. I'm back to exercising. I'm back to taking care of myself. I'm back to shaving my legs. Hey, I told you I let things go!

Thanks for sticking around and thanks to the folks who checked in on me. It is appreciated. Now let's go swing some kettlebells!!!

7 comments:

  1. Believe me, you're not the only one who has a hard time when the bumps start. Make sure you don't go too nuts girlie! Ease back into the exercise so you can save yourself a bit for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're shaving your legs again....Woo Hoo! lol I was wondering where you went...so glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care Kelly. Glad the bumps are smoothing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are back! I was going through Kelly withdrawal symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be gentle with yourself...and so glad that you are back. I missed your wonderful posts.

    Melody

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)