Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Quickie

Happy Easter!  And Chag Pesach Sameach!  I love this time of year. And it's not just because of the Reese's eggs and Cadbury eggs and chocolate covered marshmallows. (all of which I will not be partaking of)  I love the flowers and sunshine and all the baby birds!! In case you don't know this about me, I love birds. Always have. I have a baby picture with me and my bird mobile. It's just who I am. :)

This is also the time of year that I notice my inner bad ass rises to the surface. I've watched the pattern since I started this blog. During the spring I feel like I can do anything! Then summer comes around and I just want to chill with a cold beverage (and we're talking about water....let's be clear) and do nothing. That's when I gain. I also lose that inner bad ass. Winter I just want to hibernate.

Anyway, my point, yes there was a point, is that I feel great. I feel like I can do anything. Maybe that's why I signed up for a duathlon and as a rower for a dragon boat regatta. Both are things that I've never done.

OK.  This is supposed to just be a quick post so I won't ramble for too long.
-------------------
Weight loss: scale is going down after a brief uppage. Wasn't a big deal. Sore muscles?

Exercise: still doing 90 squats, 90 wall pushups and 90 chest pulls each day. The kettlebell workout is 3 days a week.

Went for my first run since the half marathon. I increased my intervals to 5:1 (run:walk) and only went for 20 minutes. I started off slow then backed off. haha! I felt really good! I ran 1.68 miles and didn't feel like I was going to die. An 11:54 pace which isn't great but it's pretty darn good for a penguin like me.
------------------------------
Have a great weekend!! My plans? Run errands, exercise, exercise, exercise, cook, hockey game, dragon boat rowing practice, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Love the "inner badass"!!! Have a great weekend Kelly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you going to do the dragon boat? Another blogger, Stacia, did that - she's in Oregon. Looked like fun, and a great way to work your arms and abs!

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)