Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hockey, Rowing, Ibuprofen

Happy Easter and Chag Pesach Sameach! What a great weekend!  I hope yours was wonderful too.

Friday night I had some truly kick butt seats to the Aeros hockey game. Check this out!!
 There was one little slap fight so it was a pretty tame game. Seriously? No bodies being tossed against the wall the one time I get seats like this?! Where's the testosterone, boys?! 
 Still had a great time even though the Aeros lost by 2 points. Love me some hockey. I have no idea what the rules are but I do love watching them play. I just know when that little puck goes in the right place a red light comes on and there's a buzzer and the music starts playing and I get to cheer. Yay!

After staying up way too late, we got up at the fun hour of 6:30am on a Saturday. Why, you ask? Oh, a friend asked if I wanted to be a rower in a dragon boat race on May 5th so without even asking questions I said SURE! I've never done that and I love trying new things.

So we arrive at the practice location Saturday morning and learn a few things then we all get in a 40' boat. It doesn't have the dragon head and tail for practice. Guys, this is work! You really have to put your back into it. We rowed back and forth for about an hour and a half. I was breathing hard, sweating and my heart was pounding!

Still very cool and I'm even considering joining a team. Maybe they'll just let me be the chick who bangs the drum.
 After rowing I had some breakfast.....
 Came home and rode my bike for 15 miles. Woot!

After rowing and biking I was spent! So I got a nice cold drink (rum and diet coke) and kicked back to enjoy the gorgeous Saturday weather. Ahhh. Tough life.
 I had even sprayed on some sparkle spray so I would be all shiny in the sun. Pretty. And to make the drink extra special I put a flashing ice cube in it. Fancy!! Love me some sparkles and lights.
 Sunday was Easter so we had some custom eggs made for the kids at a chocolate shop. They are HUGE!
 The shop also tossed in some adult goodies. Most of these are still on the kitchen bar if you can believe that.
 Chuck cooked a big breakfast and then we just relaxed most of the day. Later we went to the in-laws' house for more goodies and the kids played some baseball.

It was really just a perfect weekend. I couldn't ask for anything more. I worked out pretty hard but also balanced that with some relaxation.

How was your weekend?!

12 comments:

  1. No way would that chocolate be left at our house - even if I didn't touch it Mr. Helen would have it gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still on the bar! There's chocolate all over this house.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right?! I'm going to order a bunch of them. Drinks taste better when they're flashing. It's true.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! What a fun weekend. Gorgeous Easter goodies! They'd be "gonners" in our house. Hurray for you hon! You are doing awesome and have more energy than most people I know.

    Gosh I remember going to the Aero's games when the Howe boys were playin' back in the 70s. I never think to go to their games now. We should. I will have to tell Denny about them. Right now we are knee deep in Rice baseball! Love that Graham!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice! I wanted to go to school there so bad. Big Rice fan.
      Yeah, go to a game. They're so much fun!

      Delete
  4. I could NOT have that gourmet chocolate just sitting in my kitchen...and it's a good thing I don't know where you live, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really great weekend. My weekend was five days long and super deluxe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five day weekend?! Now you're talking!!! Suh-weet!

      Delete
  6. Calm and serene with special curch service and invite for lunch afterwards, then home for naps. Nice break from our hectic remodeling of 5 rooms while trying to plant 14 hanging baskets, transplant a few bushes, etc. of the recent days before Easter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect weekend! love your sparkly spray and flashing ice cube! Great job on the workouts and making time to relax... that's what it's all about! Making it FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)