Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Like Pulling Teeth

After such a relaxing trip, Monday came with a vengeance. Rachel had all four of her wisdom teeth removed that morning. I have pictures of her on the ride home but I don't think she'd appreciate me posting them. I'll keep them for blackmailing purposes. ;)  Joking, of course.

The procedure went fine. No problems at all. And today she is still sore but doing better. Doctor said the first three days are the worst.

After we got home and Rachel was settled down for a long nap, I did my exercises.

I really didn't feel like exercising but I have a new way of making myself do it. I post my workout on dailymile before I do it! And dailymile posts it on Facebook. So if it's posted that I did the workout I have to do it! Tada. Mind games. They work.

OK. I've only tried it once when I really, really didn't feel like working. But it did work for me and seems like a pretty decent idea on those days when I'm putting it off.

Monday: 50 kettlbell swings (30#)
20 two legged glute raises
15 flying dogs
bosu ball crunches
transverse abs crunches
90 squats
90 wall push ups
90 chest pulls

Tuesday: OFF  I was tired the entire day. Don't know what that's about.

Wednesday: 50 kettlebell swings (30#) They were easier today!
20 two legged glute raises
15 flying dogs
bosu ball crunches
transverse abs crunches
front and side planks
90 squats
90 wall push ups
90 chest pulls

Day isn't over yet but there is a 10 mile bike ride planned.

Last night I made some delicious cheesesteaks. Mmm....delicious.  I'm trying to cut out more carbs. I haven't been exactly perfect later and I feel it.

And I'm ready to tackle my goal of completing a triathlon. Reading material has been accumulated and I'm ready to do this. Beyond ready!
I'm a goal oriented person and like to work towards some kind of goal. I also get distracted easily. So I'm going to be posting my workouts and trying my best to stay focused and reach my goal this summer.

Now to find a pool or body of water to practice my swimming. :)

Happy Hump Day!

7 comments:

  1. Poor Rachel. I hope she's feeling ok by now.

    Are you going to start with a full on Tri, or maybe do a woman's sprint tri first? After all that swimming I did, I still have no desire to do a tri. At least you're picking a good time to start swimming, with the hot summer approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Rachel is well on her way to feeling back in the pink and ready to decorate cakes again soon!!! Take care of yourself while you are taking care of her Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the food photos have returned... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to cut out carbs from my food intake too!

    I had two wisdom teeth removed and it hurt! Hope for fast healing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the tri, I think anyone can do these events so focus on fastest overall course completion time, make it your goal and challenge to be under 2 hours etc. On my last 10K my goal was 1 hour and I went over by 8 minutes but just thinking about it during the race made me push harder!

    Good Luck!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - all four at once? Poor thing! I did a triathlon once, and only once. I am not a good swimmer. And the open body of water kinda freaked me out - a lot! But the look on my husband's face when I got out of the water?? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when our sons went through that. :( Not fun! Our dentist put Daniel on the same antibiotic twice (due to an infection that developed) in a row and he developed C-Dificil - pretty serious problem. It was awful. We knew from the internet what it was and went to emergency. It was a Friday, I think. I told the doctor that we were almost 100% sure what it was and that prescribing Flagyl would put Dan out of his misery. He would not prescribe it saying he would wait for the tests to come back from the lab. We only heard on the Tuesday that we were right. In the meantime, Dan was going through a hell. I'll never forget that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)