Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the Road Again

Last time we talked I was sore. VERY sore. Guess what. It was worse on the third day. That seems to be the pattern with soreness: third day is the worst then it starts to get better.

It felt like my legs were bruised. It was advanced soreness. But now they are feeling a little better. I can stand and walk without crying now! Progress. Just in time for my next work out. I haven't been this sore since the first time I did the Shred.
-------------------------------------

New recipe to try! Pineapple Crockpot Ribs (Paleo friendly and low carb friendly if you don't nom on too many pineapples). 

These turned out pretty darn tasty and the ribs were literally falling off the bone. Now mine did not look anything like the ones pictured below but I wanted to post a pretty picture so here ya go:
-----------------------------
Breakfast has been things like scrambled eggs, a little cheese and bacon on low carb tortillas.
Am I low carb? Am I paleo? NO! I'm Kelly! And that's why I went out with friends to The Flying Saucer for Brewery Night where I scored a great new beer glass and joined their club where I get my own plate put on the wall after I drink 200 beers. And I got a tee shirt. Score! I was the only girl at the table but I had a great time and didn't feel out of place at all.

----------------------
And Rachel keeps making great desserts which is pretty tough on the waitline. I had to try her coconut pie. Just put all ingredients in a blender, pour into pie pan and bake. It makes its own crust. Devil pie.
Coconut Pie
4 eggs
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients, in order, in a blender. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into a greased 10" pie pan. Bake for 45 minutes at 350* or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.

----------------------------
It has been ridiculously hot. It hurts to breathe! Got in the car and this is what it said. After driving around it cooled off a whole 4 degrees.
 --------------------------
I'd like to introduce you to my rescue collie Shannon. She's starting to get some gray on her muzzle. We're not sure how old she is but she's a sweetie. She's trying to take a nap in her kennel if someone would stop taking pictures. Paparazzi problems.
-------------------------
Charlie is wanting to get into shooting. My little boy is growing up way too fast.
--------------------------
Friday morning is workout two of Beginner module 1 to get us ready for the "real" crossfit workouts.
After working my legs into a gelatinous state again, I'll shower then Chuck and I hit the road to go to Greenville, TX (north of Dallas I think) where he'll be competing in the state IDPA shooting match. I'm looking forward to a road trip and watching him compete. I'm not looking forward to the heat. I think the match lasts 6 hours? Yikes. Maybe I can sweat off some pounds. ;)

See ya back here Monday. Have a super duper wonderful weekend.
------------------------------
Update: Did my EPFitLife workout (it's not crossfit as I originally thought but a damn good workout and I'm LOVING it!). This time it was a family event: Rachel, Chuck and I did it together. Both Rachel and I have been dealing with advanced soreness this week which just went away in time for this workout.

I'm still having a terrible time trying to keep my back upright. I tend to lean forward or else I'll fall over backwards. I'm going to submit a video to Jason, the co-founder, who will critique my move and give me suggestions.

It was fun doing the workout as a group. I put on Pandora's Cardio Workout station and we had a good time.

5 minute walk
10 deep squats
10 pushups (on the stairs..still not strong enough for the floor)
10 sit ups
x2
5 minute walk
stretches
------------------------------
Correction: I have been calling EPLifeFit a crossfit workout. It's not. It's not affiliated with crossfit. I didn't know this. I was also informed that Crossfit not longer promotes Paleo but instead promotes The Zone. Just an FYI.

7 comments:

  1. Have a super deluxe weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dog! Love to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's supposed to cool WAY down this weekend, to 99!! You'll be shivering out there.

    SHARE the pie recipe,Pretty Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the collie new? Love their long pointy noses!

    Have a good trip - hydrate!

    P.S. 200 beers? I can just picture you saying "challenge accepted"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've had Shannon since 2008. She's so sweet but not very bright. :-/

      Lol Yes! Challenge accepted!

      Delete
  5. If we lived in the same city Kelly, I'd join you at the beer club! :) OMG, Shannon is SOOOO cute. AWWW. Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)