Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Workout Edition

Monday: the usual strength stuff. 50 kettlebell swings (30#), 20 two legged glute raises, 15 flying dogs, bosu ball crunches, transverse abs crunches, front and side planks, squats, wall pushups, and chest pulls.

I really gave it my all and paid attention to form and I sure felt the difference. It's pretty simple, I guess: you get out of a workout what you put in to it.

Tuesday: Time to start my half marathon training!! I have a goal race picked out: End of the World Half Marathon and/or After the End of the World Half Marathon. There are so many great races that it's hard to pick but this one seems fun and different. Just like me! LOL

I was sleepy. I'm afraid I've been staying up way past my bedtime. But I decided to just get out there and do it. I got on my Newtons and Garmin and was heading out the door when it started thundering and lightning. Not cool!
Fine. I'll just got have some breakfast and wait for it to stop.
Mmm....egg, cheese, chicken and salsa on a low carb tortilla
 Well, rain and thundering kept up off and on all day. I thought about doing one of my exercise DVDs but I got some rather upsetting news and my day was kind of thrown into a tailspin so I just skipped everything. Actually, that was probably the best time to exercise now that I think about it. It's a great way to relieve tensions and frustrations. Oh well.

Speaking of exercise DVDs, let me show you my little collection. And the answer is no, I have not tried them all. I just love collecting them. LOL This doesn't include old VHS ones like my original Tae Bo and (*snicker*) Richard Simmons. Oh and Susan Powter! Remember Stop the Insanity chick? She was intense.
Let's see.....love Jillian. She's a bad ass. Not too fond of Biggest Loser ones. The guy on the right is Dustin Maher. He's ok. Haven't done any of the Jackie Warner. LOVE Turbo Jam!!!! Walk Away the Pounds lady is ok but a little too perky for my taste. Chalean Extreme in the very back right is a great one. It's no dance moves and no nonsense. Love the Wii Zumba for some sweaty fun.

I'm getting a little tired with my routine. One of my little flaws is I get bored easily. I want to do and try new things. So I've decided to try something new: Crossfit.

The bad part about crossfit is that it's pretty expensive. There is a place that has it in my tiny little town but I'm just not ready to hand over $100 or more per month. So I'm trying an online version that I can do here at home with the equipment I have (though I really do need to get some more and some I'll improvise with what I have including the neighborhood playground) or you could do it at the gym if you have a membership. This is only $20/month and I don't have to drive anywhere.

I just signed up today so I can't give you a review of it just yet. I'll start with some beginner modules that will get me ready for the workouts which they post every other day.

It's called Everyday Paleo Lifestyle and Fitness. There is a lot of information and videos and a forum. You can even submit your own videos so they can critique your form. So far I'm pleased. I'm still wading through all of the info and learning but it looks good. And it'll give me something new to try.

Tonight Chuck and I have reservations for some posh nosh at Chez Nous. It's a five course chef's meal and I can't wait. This will be his birthday dinner/date. Expect some drool worthy pics tomorrow.
Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

  1. Jeff, Julia and I are going to do the End of the World half - it sounds like a fun race for sure!

    I have zero exercise DVD's. ZERO. Which is a good thing because I know I'd never even open them, lol! I bet you'll really like Crossfit, and even the higher-priced one doesn't sound that bad, if you get to go several times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only exercise DVD I own is my Yoga for Athletes. As much as I love it I don't do it very often so it's probably good that I don't have more. I do have some old step aerobics VCR tapes though! Have never been able to get myself to give them away for some reason. (Yes, I still have a couple of VCRs!)

    Crossfit is what I'm thinking about doing next year after I get through my black belt stuff this year. We have two local places I can choose from and one of them just ran a Groupon or maybe it was Living Social deal for 1 month of unlimited classes for $49. If I wasn't having to take the extra BB classes I totally would have tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of exercise DVD's and I love doing them. The reason I bought so many is because, like you, I get bored easily doing the same thing over and over again. My favorites are Chalean Extreme, Turbofire, P90X and the Jillian DVD's.

    CrossFit isn't that big yet here in Holland but it's growing. I think it's hard and am a bit afraid to try it. Am looking forward to your review about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very nice, I have learned more Keep up the good work I am grateful and I appreciate. Thanks.Get more information on dieting,weight loss,body building tips at my profile.
    online training sessions

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)