Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crockpot Enchilada Chicken Stew

Not only am I going to share the boring details of my life with you AND give you a great recipe but I am going to share some great random stuff too. It's your lucky day. You're welcome.

I love it when I wake up determined to do what I'm supposed to do. I'm in a great mood and feel like Wonder Woman.

I eat good things like.....

breakfast: scrambled egg with some bacon and salsa
 lunch: salad with chicken, caramelized onion and vinaigrette
 dinner: I put a bunch of stuff in a crockpot. The recipe called fro chopped onion but I used some of my caramelized onions instead. Don't you worry yourself over those yellow blobs. That's just butter. Mmmm.
 I went to get a secret procedure done (fine, it was eyelash extensions for my vain self) and when I came home later it was chicken ambrosia. Or Crockpot Enchilada Chicken stew. So darn good!! Holy moly, people. Please make this. It's low carb/paleo/delish. You want to go to the recipe right now. Plus I just adore the blog Paleomg.
 What I failed to mention is that on the way home from my lash blast, I had an "oh crap!" moment. I realized that it was brewery night at The Flying Saucer and one of my fave beers was the feature and you get to keep the glass!!!

So I sent out a text or two, Chuck left work early to accommodate me, and we sucked back dinner and went to the Saucer.
 I've mentioned it before but the Saucer has a club where the goal is to drink 200 beers and get a "saucer" (looks like a plate to me) put on the wall with your name on it. Why did I choose this as one of my life goals? Because I like easy goals where I won't be disappointed. I can't fail.
 We arrive and soon our friend Kyle shows up too. I hate myself for not getting a picture again. Why do I keep forgetting these things?!

Ahhhh. My flowery beer. Kyle was quick to point out the peeing boy on the glass and said the beer tasted like boy piss. I asked him how he knew. The conversation stopped there. And for the better, if you ask me. It tastes like flowers to me. Sweet, alcohol flavored flowers.
I should know better. Beer gives you the munchies. So we shared a few tots and soft pretzel. Darn you, beer! I won't be doing that for a while! (Btw, "while" is a relative statement.) I started the day with resolve that was melted away with a beer. Ugh. I hang my head in shame. Not really. I had a total blast!
------------------------------
I'm sore. My body hurts. My shoulders, arms, legs, and butt hurt. Squats and push ups are doing something magical to me. I LOVE it! Just not while I'm doing it.
------------------------------
So I got fifty shades of grey. I don't know what the big deal is about. It's not sexy at all. A little boring, actually. Maybe fifty shades of purple would be more fun.
-------------------------------
This is a real place in Uvalde, TX. I know because I have stopped here. It's a beautiful thing. One stop shopping.
-----------------------------
Today's soup of the day brought to you by sadness and stress. Enjoy responsibly. And if you can't do that, then just enjoy.
------------------------------
I was told this is lame but I disagree. What do you think?
I'm not one to brag about my financial skills, but my credit card company calls me almost every day to tell me my balance is outstanding.
-----------------------------
And now for a masterpiece. I present to you the Bacon Bowl. Look upon it and marvel. Then eat it up.
Have yourself a great weekend. I'm heading out of town to see my folks. See ya back here Monday.

3 comments:

  1. The chicken looks great, but I would need to melt some cheese on there.

    Bacon bowls with Caesar salad...a marriage made in heaven!

    Have a great time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the fifty shades. I bought the books because it is such a hype. I'm in book 3 now and am pretty bored by it. At this point I'm skipping the love scenes: too much of the same thing over and over again and read the parts of the story. For as far as you can talk about a story.If I didn't want to know how it's ending I would have stopped after book one.

    The bacon bowls: jummie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)