Sunday, August 19, 2012

Whole30 Days 17 & 18: the best salmon I've ever made!!

Friday

I started my day as I have all week: with a walk! This challenge has really got me moving more than I have in a long time. It's just what I needed.

Exercise: 3.13 miles walking

After the walk it was time for breakfast/lunch. Honestly I do not get hungry in the mornings anymore and can walk for miles and miles before I decide to eat something. It's a great feeling!! Guess I'm finally becoming fat adapted.

If you are curious about what fat adapted means and to see if you may be fat adapted, check out this interesting article by Mark Sisson (of Mark's Daily Apple and Primal Blueprint) at Mercola.com.

Lunch: tuna salad on a big bed of greens topped with vinaigrette. Tasty stuff, y'all! I added a little bit of chopped apple to the tuna.
 Dinner: Ok, this is where stuff got real! I decided to make up my own salmon recipe and the results were stupid good. O.m.g. 

So I took about a cup of homemade mayo, 2 tbs chopped fresh basil, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tbs shredded unsweetened coconut, about a tbs of minced ginger, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper. Mixed it up. Spread that on salmon fillets that I salt and peppered. Pushed some crushed macadamia nuts on top. Baked at 350* for about 15-20 minutes. Then squeezed lime juice on top and sprinkled with chopped cilantro.

Trust me. This was the best salmon I've had. Everyone that tried it agreed.
 Feelings: Everything going great. I did have a little bit of craving for a glass of wine. I think I miss a social drink here and there the most. But food cravings aren't there. I mean if you start talking about a luscious piece of cake I'm gonna want some! But I don't crave it. Even when the kids had pizza on Friday night I was good with it.
----------------------------

Saturday:

No walking today. I got up late and had a busy day ahead of me.

Exercise: zilch. nada. nothing. Rest day.

Breakfast/lunch: hot sauce with 3 eggs, some bacon.
 Had to stop by the Farmer's Market in Sugar Land at the old Imperial sugar factory.
 They had fish tacos from Berryhill! Oh, how I wanted one.  And the flirting going on between those two people was ridiculous and a bit sickening. I had to buy a couple of bottle waters there.
 So many goodies!! I didn't have time to browse though. I needed some good quality olive oil after reading an article that most olive oils (even imported) were mixed with inferior oils. Not good.
 I found the olive oil booth and tasted some different ones and bought a gallon of this light tasting oil. It almost had a buttery taste. It's made in Texas from olives grown in Texas.
 Not only do they make olive oil but also balsamic vinegar. It's just fruit and vinegar. No added sugars and stuff. And the fruit is grown on small farms in Texas. So cool. I could drink this stuff. It's that good. Other flavors were fig, blueberry, red apple, mandarin orange, and pineapple.
 Then it was time to help a friend pack who is in the process of moving. Hey, did you know that moving sucks? It does!!

A few hours of that and my tummy started making noises. Time to head out for dinner.

Dinner: Jason's Deli salad bar. This made me very happy.
 Picked up Rachel from Cirque de Soleil and headed home. Got to see a pretty piece of rainbow that was so bright. Purdy! (yes, I know I misspelled it. It's on purpose. lol)
 Then to Bass Pro shop for some cool targets. Battleship targets!! Should be fun for a little competition.
 And a little snack before bed.
 Feelings: Lots of energy! I did get pretty darn hungry around dinner time. So I gobbled up that salad. Been very happy like everything is coming up roses. What's funny is that when I get tired I go to sleep immediately and sleep very soundly. I did have a food dream that I was at a bed and breakfast and chocolate chip cookies were everywhere but I couldn't eat any because I can't have them. Even my dreams deprive me of cookies.

Now, go try that salmon if you like fish. I'm sure it would be good on chicken too. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like this diet is working out really well for you - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good. It has at least taken away those crazy cravings and helped me get back on track. I'm looking forward to adding back an indulgent meal from time to time. :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I liked salmon - it always looks good but its still a bit too "fishy" for me! Hooray for going strong Kelly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually is for me too! Somehow this covered all that. I bet it would be just as yummy on cod or other light fish.

      Delete
  3. Wow it all looks so good!

    Congratulations on your weight loss keep up the good work!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)