Monday, August 6, 2012

Whole30 Days 4 & 5: Sleep and Irritability

Sleep and Irritability. Much less entertaining than Sense and Sensibility.

Day 4 (Saturday)=irritability
I woke up with a nasty headache that felt like some force was trying to split my head in half. Not a pleasant feeling.

Charlie had a birthday party and sleepover and I didn't even kill anyone nor did I make anyone cry. Success!

Rachel made his cake. O.m.g. Cake. I could smell it. And when I helped serve the cake I got some icing on my finger and I almost licked that stuff off without even thinking! Habits die hard.  But she did a great job. It's a Halo character.
 Can't believe my little boy is 12 now. Well, that went by fast!
 He got some great cards and loot.
 Did I mention that we ordered pizza for this little shindig? Yeah. Pizza! I just like torturing myself, I guess. But he had a good time and that's what matters.

Eats:
Breakfast was 3 fried eggs with hot sauce and bacon
 Lunch was Basil Chicken Salad with Apples. A recipe I adapted from America's Test Kitchen recipe. Was SO good!!
 Dinner was burger patties with caramelized onions, bacon, mustard, and homemade mayo served on lettuce leaves with a dill pickle spear on the side.
 Feelings: I had a nice headache going, a little more energy that faded as the day passed, a BAD craving for beer, and some irritability. I didn't act on my irritability though. I just felt like my nerves were raw if that makes sense.
---------------------------------

Day 5 (Sunday):
Charlie had a sleepover so I was up at 7:30ish am to get the kids some donuts (really?!) and kolaches (wha?! &^%$#@*!!!!) and chocolate milk.

Quickly I made some coffee with coconut milk and made some appropriate breakfast for Chuck and I.

Breakfast was Berry Pancake from Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy cookbook. I drizzled a little coconut milk over the top.Yum!
 Lunch was a pan seared steak with caramelized onions, coconut cauli-rice and spinach. Really kept me full.
 I made some deviled eggs because they make great little protein snacks.
 Hey, did you know if you add 1 tsp of baking soda to your water while boiling the eggs that they are super easy to peel?! How cool is that?

I spent the morning making my weekly menu and grocery list based on what's on sale. I was sooooo sleepy but had to get this done. Only saved $58 though.

Unloaded everything and tried to make some mayo. Instead I made failonnaise. Ugh. Apparently if your blender heats up too quickly, which my KTec does, it will mess up the emulsification process. So back to the store to buy more olive oil. This time I got it right and got a lovely jar of mayo.

Dinner was fish tacos with citrus dressing (from Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy) and sweet potato spears (from Everyday Paleo). I LOVE those sweet taters. Everything tastes sweeter since I haven't had sugar in a few days. So strange. Also had about 5 pieces of watermelon that tasted like pure sugar. Heaven. LOL Yeah, I have sugar demons.
Snack: I did end up eating two deviled eggs because they were tasty and I was hungry.

Feelings: Not in a bad mood but incredibly tired. It was hard to even function. Somehow I made it through the day and when I got in bed I couldn't go to sleep. Irony.  Headache wasn't as bad though so maybe I'm getting through the rough patch. Days 6 and 7 are supposed to be the days that you just want to sleep all day. I guess I just got there a day early.

On the positive side, the food has been really good. It's not like I'm missing out. Just trying to help my body become more fat adapted during these thirty days. I'm 17% finished with my challenge! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. The food has been really good! I have no complaints, chef Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an entertaining writer! You should really consider writing a book - maybe about your lives. :) Should get off your blog now and get some work done.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)