Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Goals

New month, new goals.

I took is easy in September. August was all about the Whole30 challenge. This month is about exercise!

So without further ado, here are my October goals:

  • travel 100 miles by foot and/or bike (car rides don't count)
  • eat healthy for at least 6 out of 7 days
  • work on a regular routine of strength training
  • shrink my body
  • try something new (could be a food, activity, whatever)

Some quick blurbs about things going on in my life:
  • a friend from high school will be coming to visit next month from Louisiana!
  • my brother did the Whole30 last month and lost 21.5 pounds and won the office weight loss competition and feels terrific
  • we're getting Chuck's 1970 Chevelle back. He had it since high school.
  • I have a 10 mile and half marathon race this month and I haven't trained at all
  • next weekend is Beach Dash and I'm pretty excited
  • helping clean out my grandmother's apartment because she can't live on her own anymore and found my grandfather's old arithmetic book from 1928.
  • Chuck ordered the nook HD+ for my anniversary gift.
  • Twenty-two year anniversary is October 27
Seems like September was a busy month of not doing much exciting. Looking forward to a fun filled October.

Did you set any goals for the month? Would love to hear about them. :)

6 comments:

  1. Beach Palooza - um, DASH - will be fun! Sorry we're going to miss it this year...I think we will be having our own form of "fun" in the guise of running 9 miles.

    After a month away from the Whole 30, have you been able to keep up with eating the way you need to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll miss you this year! Wish you guys were going to be there.

      As far as eating goes, it's been about 60/40 I guess. Not good enough for someone like me. So I got out my cookbooks and made out a menu and headed to the store today. I won't be quite as strict as those 30 days but will lean towards that. I love my cheese and sour cream and an occasional low carb tortilla. Gotta make it doable!

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering if you were ever going to blog again ;)

    Good goals you have there and I'm sure you'll do great as you always seem to when you challenge yourself.

    You're a brave girl to do distance races without training. I refuse lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Helen, I'm far from brave. I think this is a case of stupidity on my part. But we'll have fun. I hope! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your list of goals! Good luck with the new month!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)