Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Catching Up with the Happy Texans

**I apologize for any misspellings, etc. Doing this on an ipad and it won't let me scroll down to check the rest of my post. Darn it!**

**I'm finally feeling better. Still got a little cough *hack hack* but I'm on the mend. Yay!

**I'm a very sharing person so I spread my sickness around to the whole family. Yep, they all got it. It hit Charlie the hardest but he also recovered the fastest. Chuck is still home from work trying to get over it. Whatever this is, it's not fun. Seems a lot of people are getting it.

**I got an ipad with retina display. It's really nice. I haven't had an apple product in a while. Still hate iTunes just as much as I always have but it's a really nice tablet. Why can't they have a floating calculator though? Seriously, Apple. Would make my online banking experience so much nicer. (I'm also noticing that writing a blog post on it isn't an enjoyable experience. Lol) First world problems.

**To b(ake) or not to b(ake). That is the question. I usually bake a ton of goodies at Christmas. Who doesn't?! But I worry about sabotaging my family's efforts to lose weight or get healthy. Including my own, might I add. So I'm trying to decide of making Oreo balls, almond rocca, peanut patties, Martha Washingtons, etc. is a good idea. Should I just say, "It's my once a year thing," and go with it or be mindful of people's struggles to get healthy? 

**While me and the family have been recovering, I've been hooked on reading and watching lectures from The Great Courses. May as well learn something while I'm down. Current book is kind of odd: Dawn of the Deed about the evolution of sex. It's not as thrilling as it may sound. But I have wondered how T. rex got busy. Right now I'm only learning how prehistoric fish and sharks got busy. It's not a pretty picture. Ewwwww.
The current lecture series is the Origins of Religion. Now THAT is interesting. Wow. So many strange customs throughout time. A lot of human sacrifices including children, unfortunately. Just to please the gods and get good crops.

**All of the Christmas gifts have been bought for the kids! Yay! But still no idea what to get the older family members in my life. What do you get for the person who has the money to get what they want?

**Rachel will be doing her first half marathon with Chuck and I on December 21. It's the End of the World half marathon. Should be fun. She's trained some and read a book by John Bingham. Since there is a 9 hour cut off for the race, we're just going to take our time and make it an enjoyable experience.

**I think I need another 30 days of Whole9 or something. It's just way to easy to get off track this time of year.

Miss talking with you all. Hope all is well with you and yours. :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you and the gang are on the mend Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy baking this time of year only, and am happy to give almost everything I bake away - minus a taste or two, you know, for quality control! :D

    Hope everyone is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I'm taking a break from baking. I love making cookies and giving them people but I just don't need that kind of temptation around my house right now! Instead, I hand-made cards for my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped baking a lot when I started eating healthy. I'll make a couple things and maybe dip some pretzels in dark chocolate. :-) My daughter likes to make gingerbread, so whatever she wants to make, I'll let her have the kitchen. Glad you are feeling better. Have you seen the laser keyboards for the iPad? I ordered one for my hubby for Christmas. I think he'll love it. Looks like something out of a sci-fi movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad youre better.
    GIVES ME HOPE as Im still sick! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)