Monday, January 14, 2013

The Fats and Nothing But the Fats

Even though the scale has been showing a downward trend I'm feeling big. Clothes are fitting better but I still feel huge and I just hate that. I guess it happens. I have a case of the fats. I haven't felt pretty at all.

Right now I don't like how I look in jeans, dresses, shorts, anything. I'm sure it'll get better and I need to be kind to myself and remember how far I've come instead of how far I have to go. Attitude, right? We are our own worst critics and I'm going to make an effort to stop being so hard on myself. Enough is enough. I won't let anyone else put me down so why should I allow myself to do it? Right.

Sorry I didn't get to post on Friday like I said I was. As soon as I got up I had to get ready and head out the door for a doctor's appointment. But Thursday night was certainly something to write about!

I had trouble falling asleep because I've had a muscle spasm in my left shoulder. I finally fall asleep and an owl starts hooting outside my window. An owl. I've never heard an owl out here. Then Chuck rolls over in his sleep and gives me a karate chop to the hurting shoulder. I couldn't help but laugh at that point. Seriously? An owl and a punch to the shoulder?

A visit to the doctor Friday and I get some muscle relaxers that are helping to stop the spasm. Yay!! Finally some sleep.

While I was out, I stopped by a donut shop that also serves breakfast tacos. I ordered a bacon, egg, cheese and jalapeno burrito and told them to keep the tortilla and just dump it in a bowl. Tada! Topped with some green salsa it was spicy!
 And an espresso. Because some days you just need it.
 It has been so gloomy lately. If it's not raining it's overcast. Thursday I was out in some pretty bad rains. Hard to see it in the picture.

Over the weekend we had all reached our limit at staying indoors so even though it was gross outside we still went out to Brazos Bend State Park for a while just to get out of the house.


 There were so many vultures flying overhead!
 Ibis looking for food.
Even though we didn't stay long it was nice to get out.

One thing about the hazy days is that you begin to feel a little groggy. Coffee was flowing.

Breakfasts have been this.....
 ....and this.  Nothing spectacular but it fills the void.
 Lunches and dinners have been things like curry...
 .....more curry.....
 baked pork loin over riced cauliflower.
 I did have a "free" meal as an experiment to see if I can have one per week and still lose weight. I'll be doing the same for the next couple of weeks to see how it works out.

I know some are against "cheat" meals and that's ok by me. I'm toying with the idea because I think it will make this long haul a bit more bearable. The idea is that I won't feel deprived and can stick with this. If I am jonesing for a brownie I just tell myself that I can have it with my free meal instead of saying that I can't have one until I reach my goal.

Again, I'm not even suggesting this is the ideal way but I'm trying it to see if it will work for me.

As you can see, I'm not strictly Whole30 compliant. Did you see the cheese? And a free meal is definitely not the Whole30 way. I don't care. I'm just trying to find what works best for me. So far so good.

Looking through Pinterest, which I just figured out how to use and which you should never look at if you're hungry, I stumbled across this picture.
Wow! I wondered if it was real and did some searching. Turns out it is real! This guy had cancer but he still decided to make a change. Amazing!

So no excuses. I guess I can't even complain about the weather being too cold or the rain if I have exercise DVDs and a set of weights.

Happy Monday to you all! It's time for this girl to get busy in the exercise department. Again.

Wednesday I'll have weigh in and a killer crockpot recipe.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! That's funny about the owl! I live in the Dallas area. I got up this morning at 5 am, and there was an owl hooting right outside my window. My little pooch had to go outside to potty, and I was worried that the owl would try to swoop down and carry him off, so I stood out on the patio with a tennis ball in my hand to throw at the owl if he tried any funny business with my doggy while he was doing HIS business. Wow, it was cold!

    Luckily I didn't have to throw the ball, because I throw like a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE owls! O.o but that would drive me nuts for sure. Can't wait for killer crockpot recipe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh...curry. Can't get enough curry here. Or eggs. I love them both.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is a day you need espresso ;)

    I don't like the term cheat meals. It sounds so... awful LOL. You need to eat in a way that you can sustain forever. Some people can be strict paleo their whole life and be fine. Some people need to have it a little more lenient to be sane and not fly in the other direction with bingeing.

    Can't wait for the crockpot recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate cheat meal too. I really don't know what to call it. Off plan? Indulgence? Free meal? Cheat makes it sounds so naughty and food should not be a question of morality. All I know is that o make this a sustainable way of living I have to have a little play time in the kitchen. :)

      Delete
  5. Every day is a day for espresso! :) Look forward to the crock pot recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.
    he is real?!?!?
    Id always thought photoshop!

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really agree with "cheat" meals, life is too short not to have cheese! Well, that and wine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I would like to subscribe for this website to obtain most up-to-date updates, thus where can i do it please assist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the photos. I'm a big fan of photograpy. I'd love to see more pics. Are you on instagram?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)