Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Last Minute Road Trip

Usually I love road trips but this one is a bit different. Chuck's Uncle Tom passed away Monday evening so we are headed out today for the funeral.

Uncle Tom hasn't been doing well for a while. He's had so many complications from diabetes but he never really changed his eating habits. He would eat what he wanted, monitor his blood sugar, and take insulin shots. Biscuits and gravy. Donuts. It didn't matter. I guess it catches up with you eventually.

This is the third person in the family that I have lost due to complications from diabetes. My grandmother, my aunt and now Uncle Tom. Again, it serves as a wake up call. It seems so senseless.

He will be remembered as a gentle giant who was always in a happy mood and made up little songs all the time. He and Charlie were very close so this will be hard on him. Chuck was also close to him growing up.

Gone but never forgotten.


9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your Uncle. Diabetes, while a pain in my ass, is a controllable disease if you take the time. So sad. :(

    Drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to all of y'all. Sorry the road trip means you have to say goodbye to a fun-loving man/member of your family. :( Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss Kelly! Thinking of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condolences to your family. May your memories bring moments of joy during the grief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss, Kelly. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss. My blessings to you and your family.

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)