Monday, March 25, 2013

Low Carb Magazine

Some good news for those out there trying to watch your carbs for various reasons: Carbsmart has a monthly digital magazine available through iTunes! It's $1.99 per month for the subscription or $3.99 for a single issue.
I subscribed because I need all the help I can get! There are some great recipes and several articles. The focus of this month just happens to be about fat fasts! Interesting stuff.
For more information about the magazine, visit CarbSmart HERE.
--------------------------

Had a fairly decent weekend. It went by a little too fast again.

Chuck had a shooting match on Saturday morning so we were up bright and early for that. He WON the match! Way to go.

Afterwards, we went to a place called Gordon Street Tavern in the little town of Alvin to celebrate.
 Nice, relaxed atmosphere in a renovated old building.
 I try to look at menus of places before going out to eat so I can have my mind set when I get there. That way I'm less likely to stray. It's a good strategy that works for me.
Restaurant strategy: look at menu before going and set your mind on what you'll order and do not stray!

I already knew the jalapenos were going to be on the menu. Jalapenos stuffed with a creamy cheese and sausage, wrapped in bacon then fried. They were soooo good.
 And a little celebratory drink. Tequila on ice with a lime.
 Saturday night I had trouble sleeping and woke up a lot so Sunday I had some beautiful luggage under my eyes and just couldn't get my act in gear.

Somehow finally got it together and headed to the museum to see the Maya exhibit and the Medici Exhibit.

Kids acting like there's going to be a sacrifice. They wouldn't let us take pictures inside the Maya exhibit.
 The Medici exhibit was really nice too. Here we could take pics. Go figure.
 Rachel had just finished studying about the Medicis so she found it fascinating. Beautiful paintings and sculptures and jewelry.
 An altar from the time of Nero honoring the sun god.

 Beautiful things here. Really enjoyed it.

 Both exhibits leave on March 30th. Leave it to us to wait until the last minute. :)

Ok, so here's one of my little outfits. Nothing much to it. Just shorts and tee and a cute little leopard clutch.
I want to look at this picture and cringe at how far I have left to go but I'm trying to change my attitude and instead look at how far I've come! While I want to criticize the rolls on my belly, I will instead be happy that I can actually wear this out at all because a few years ago I couldn't.

Attitude does really help. I've always been my worst critic (aren't we all?) but I believe it sets a person up to never be happy if all we (I) do it look at the negative. Because one day I'm going to be at my goal weight. Will I be happy with that or will I only see all my imperfections? I don't want to set myself up for mental failure when I've succeeded at the physical goals. Does that make sense?

I think this will be the toughest obstacle to overcome yet. I can lose the weight but losing the negative attitude towards myself will be much more difficult. I'll start with saying positive things about pictures of myself. And if someone gives me a compliment I will say, "thank you," instead of listing all the things that I need to improve.

Hope your weekend was great! I'll see talk to ya on Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. Yes!
    Good post.
    Positive thoughts. You should receive compliments well. You are a very beautiful lady. I am fortunate to be your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat fast! I've been experiencing some stalls lately... I think I might try my hand at that.

    And you look wonderful! I've only been LC for a couple months but I'm still trying to keep my nut intake in check. Who knew food could be so delicious on a "diet"? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a fat fast at the end of February and posted the results on my blog. Others like doing a modified fat fast with a few more calories from protein.

      Loving the food!!

      Delete
  3. Now see, you look cute in that outfit! Much better than Flat Stanley, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look GREAT in that outfit Kelly!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Feels good to get some new clothes.

      Delete
  5. You look beautiful Kelly! Love the outfit, glad you did a fashion show and that you are celebrating how far you've come, not how far you have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so good! I know what you mean about us being our own worst critic. I'm harder on myself than anyone else is. Really, though, you look great. Yes, it's a simple outfit, but we can appreciate wearing a simple outfit because many, many pounds ago we couldn't. I am so impressed that you took a full body shot. Maybe I will be daring and do the same. I'm still loving the low carb life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't focus on what you have to accomplish still, you look WONDERFUL! Be proud of your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look lovely. From your blog posts, I thought you must be a lot bigger. Instead you look great! Being too thin is not the greatest anyhow and no longer so fashionable. Skinny is out! You're doing great! Having a bit of extra on one is better as one gets older too - plumps up the skin. Look at some of your really skinny friends and I bet you'll notice that you look younger than them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)