Friday, April 19, 2013

Another Random Post of Randomness!

What a week. It's time to play a little catch up.

I now am the owner of two beautiful pistols so Friday I went out for some target practice which is a blast. *buh dum dum* The Texas edition Sig is beautiful but I have to say that the HK is my favorite. I'm not great with either but it's fun to practice. The HK is on top and the Sig P226 is on the bottom.
 I enjoy learning how to do new things. Friday I learned how to field strip my pistols and clean them!
 That night was a night out on the town. I love going in to the city (especially downtown) but Chuck doesn't really like the city. I like both: the country and downtown. Both are so much fun in their own ways. I used to want to live far away from the city but I've since changed my mind. I like being close to the restaurants, night life, museums and culture.

During the day I'm Annie Oakley; at night I'm ready for the town. Wore a black maxi skirt, purple tank, and denim top. Hair pulled up from the sides.
 And Houston. I love this city.
 Found the way to the parking garage and got to witness an amazing sunset. I wanted to just stay and watch it. There's something mesmerizing about being a few levels off the ground. I used to work in a building in the Galleria area. It was so hard for me not to just stand and stare out of the window. The world looks so beautiful and peaceful up there.
 Chuck and I make our way downstairs of Birraporetti's and find a seat. This is a murder mystery dinner!! I've never done anything like it.
 We're treated to an amazing non-low carb dinner.
 The place is packed! This was a sold out event.
 There's a bar.....
 And after three tequila on ice......
 ....we all became a little friendlier at the table. I forgot this guy's name but he had a role in the murder. At the end we found out he was the murderer!! Yes, this is an audience participation thing.
 I even got a part. Oh yeah. I was Lotta. Lotta Mouth. And I had to go up front and read my lines in character. It was filmed but no one shall ever see that video. Ever. Three tequilas is not good for an acting performance. Or maybe it is. Let's say I made up some stuff that wasn't in the script but it did get laughter.
 It was a lot of fun. I would love to do it again.

The lines for the elevators were crazy afterwards! We finally crammed into an elevator with other people and I think I was shaking hands and introducing myself. There was one guy on there who had been at a zydeco festival and for some reason he was bleeding out of his ear. I patted him on the back and wished him well.

And I did not drive home. But arrived safely. Was such a fun time!!! Wish you could have been there. So much laughter and good food.

The next day I get a big box in the mail. What could it be?!
 Tons of shirataki noodles I got on sale!!! Cluck Gable is impressed. Zero carb. These are so good once you get used to the texture.
 Monday I got to have lunch with a friend which was helpful for boosting my mood after dealing with a lot of negativity Sunday night. I needed that time out. I mentioned that I felt like it was time to start running again. After lunch I found out about the terrible things that had happened in Boston. Wow. What a senseless tragedy!!

Tuesday I was feeling so good and happy, despite the horrors in Boston, that I actually started walking again. Start back slow, ya know? My daughter went with me and we got to have a nice mother/daughter talk that I doubt most parents get to have. I'm glad she can come to me with any problem and we can talk openly. It was a great day. And the wildflowers were blooming everywhere.
 Still feeling really happy Wednesday. I want to start running again. So my first day running in 2013 was in memory of those who suffered in Boston. I enjoyed the time out listening to music.
 3.8 miles. I wanted to keep going because I felt so good. But I didn't want to overdo it.
 I forgot how much I enjoyed my time out on the streets listening to my music and being alone with my thoughts. I didn't want it to end.

Other things going on include taking graduation pics. Is this really happening? Is this the little girl I carried? Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset. Swiftly fly the years. One season following another. Laden with happiness and tears.
 Wait. That's not all. Today, Friday, she took her driver's test. I was so nervous for her! She was shaking though.
Of course, she passed. I just can't believe that the little girl who was only 5 pounds 12 oz is now almost 18 and graduating and taller than me!

My life is changing. I'm not going to fight it though. I'll accept and embrace each change. I'm very happy for the kids and very happy for myself. Looking forward to tomorrow and everything it brings.

So life is very good for this Happy Texan. I'm smiling a lot and taking things as they come. Life is way too short. A lifetime just doesn't seem long enough.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)



 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Rachel on becoming a licensed driver!!!

    Are you wearing "our" Newtons? I miss mine...so tempted to put them back on now that I'm running shorter distances...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's helpful to find wonderful, personal happy moments in the midst of difficult times. Hopefully, everyone can do that. If we can't, it's easy to get depressed and negative...I know I do.

    Good for you for being willing to embrace change...It's all around us, and it'll never stop. We might as well jump in and enjoy. We don't really have any other choice, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your random posts. You look GORGEOUS in your "apres Annie Oakley" shot! Congrats to Rachel, and LOL at Cluck Gable. Have a great week Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)