Wednesday, May 15, 2013

1 Week Meds Update

It's been a little over a week since I started taking Glumetza in the evening and my two thyroid meds in the morning. So far, so good!

I'm feeling like myself again except for stomach being not very happy in the mornings. I'm getting some energy back. Yay! So hopefully the bad initial side effects are about to pass.

I have not been very hungry at all. Usually by the evenings I'm starting to get my appetite back.

Yesterday I got a call from the doctor's office. My lab work results had come in. Things look ok overall but the doctor wants me to work up to take four Glumetza pills per day! Four! I was happy to have adjusted to one. It's a little disheartening.

I'll start adding in a pill with breakfast soon. I'll wait to adjust to that before adding another pill with dinner. Then, finally, two pills with breakfast.

I really, really don't like taking pills or any medication for that matter. But I did promise the doctor that I would try it his way for six months. I'd give it my best shot and give it a fair try. I've been fighting him on this since 2010 I think? Last visit he gave me a pretty serious talk so I figured I'd give it a shot instead of fighting him every step of the way.
-----------------------------------

Other things going on: last night I went to the Houston Museum of Natural science to see Dr. Patrick Hunt give a lecture about Otzi the Ice Man, a 5300 year old naturally preserved mummy. Was very interesting. Tonight he'll be giving a more in depth lecture at the Health Museum and I highly recommend it if you can go.
-----------------------
Rachel's final prom is this week so I've been busy getting ready for that: buying accessories, making hair and makeup appointments and fun stuff like that. That's tomorrow and since our good friend is the DJ, Chuck and I will be chaperoning the dance. Should be interesting. I'm going to prom! Hahaha!
------------------------
There's a lot coming up. Chuck has a state shooting match coming up, Rachel will be graduating in two weeks, I have a birthday coming up. I'm still 21. ;)

And tonight I'll be inn Conroe while Chuck shoots a qualifier to see where he ranks. Or something like that. I'm not exactly sure how it all works.

Busy, busy, busy time of the year.

I guess I'll check my weight on June 1 to see what's going on with that. The scale needs batteries and I've been in no rush to replace them. But all I have to do is look in the mirror to see I still have a long way to go to be at my happy weight. That's ok. I'm on track.

Wishing each and every one of you an awesome Wednesday! Wish me luck as I add an extra Glumetza to my routine this weekend. Hoping it won't be too terrible and I adjust quickly. I'm giving all of this until October (six months) to see some results. I promised the doctor I'd try and I will.



6 comments:

  1. I applaud you for sticking with the meds, knowing that you'll have a couple of rough days while your body adjusts to them. Fingers crossed that each additional dosage will be easier to get used to...and here's hoping the meds really DO something good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is "so far so good" Kelly. I'm sending good wishes your way for the increased dosage!! Take care! (and have a great time prom planning!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your stick-with-it attitude! It is SO hard to stay with medication especially when it makes you feel bad at first. As much as we don't like to take it, sometimes it IS necessary. Enjoy prom time! I'm a mother of boys, so it's going to be a little different for me...I have a few more years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes as you start increasing the dosage of the meds. I hope they aren't too rough on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the meds are okay when you up the dosage. It took me a while to get used to Metformin, but I eventually did.

    Fun times with the end of school year stuff! I can't believe my daughter graduated from high school 3 years ago already.

    I didn't post it, but she gave me a bottle of wine with the wine glass she bought me for Mother's Day. I didn't have the heart to tell her that Arbor Mist isn't really wine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Its me http://www.zuup.com/what-is-zuup and I am amazed with your blog. Your post are really interesting. I will keep on visiting your site to check out for your new post. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)