Friday, June 7, 2013

My Baby Turns 18!

There has been a lot going on in life lately. Not only has Rachel gotten her license but she had her last prom, graduated and yesterday she turned 18! Wow! That flew by fast. You think when they're little that they will be little for a long time. Nope. One day you wake up and they're all grown up. It's bittersweet, to say the least.

Rachel chose to have lunch at a little Mexican eatery called Casa Ole. It's nothing fancy but they have some good salsa. We picked up Chuck from work so he could enjoy the fun too.

Rachel's gift took up most the table. I got her a tiara and a birthday necklace to wear.
 I put a few different candies in the bag like Pop Rocks and such along with her main gift. We spent a while trying to pick this out but finally decided on this because it sounded so good and this girl loves her music. Dre Beatbox. It's wireless and portable and sounds awesome! She was pretty excited. :)
 Before all that, I had an eye appointment to check out the contacts I got. They're progressive so I'm supposed to be able to see far away and somewhat near. It's taking some adjustment but it's good to see again!
 Chuck gets home from work yesterday and we have a little tequila shot in a little red solo cup glass and toast Rachel's birthday. Cheers!!
 I have a mega sized ceramic cup but it's not the best thing for tequila shots. LOL Way too big! Maybe I'll put water in it. So I'm just goofing off in this pic.
 Rachel wasn't very hungry but we wanted to take her out to celebrate so she chose Sweet Tomatoes salad bar. The weather was pretty ominous on the way.
 After a brief storm we were treated to a gorgeous sunset over the city.
 We had a nice dinner and laughed and stuffed ourselves. We didn't even have cake for her birthday even though I had picked up a Dairy Queen Reese's Cup Blizzard ice cream cake. We were just too full and sleepy.
------------------

Wednesday afternoon while Charlie was at his piano lesson, Chuck and I decided to go sit at the pub and have a beer while waiting. It's in the same parking lot as the piano lessons so why not? Check out their soup of the day. Ha!

 In completely random news, I like to polish my sink from time to time. I usually use a paste to clean and wax it but I tried this powder to see if it would work ok.
 Scrub scrub scrub.......
 Rinse and dry. Looks decent. I still think I like the paste wax better. It makes the water really bead up.
 And I got some good advice from a fortune cookie. ;)
Yesterday I accidentally took two Glumetza in the morning instead of one. I'm supposed to be working up to the two pills in the morning and two at night. Oh well. I just rushed things a little. But I did fairly well with it!

Last night I did wake up with my heart racing and I was sweating. Not sure what caused that but I couldn't seem to cool down. Maybe the thyroid is kicking in. Sure would be great to have that metabolism going right again.

Life is good right now. I have no complaints. I'm not thrilled with my weight and belly still but it's not the end of the world. The important things in life are having people who love me just as I am and having fun.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! I have a lot going on this weekend but going to work at keeping it a low carb weekend. Maybe I should start taking pics of my eats again. That always helps with accountability.

See ya Monday!


3 comments:

  1. Watching Rachel grow up has been bittersweet. But, seeing how many of your traits that she has acquired makes it easier. She has grown into quite the lovely young lady, thanks to you.

    I'm looking forward to spening the summer with you. It doesn't seem like this will be our 24th summer together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barkeepers friend has always been my go-to scrub. I think I'll try the wax, though. That sounds promising! Congrats on successfully raising a kid from birth to 18! I'm still working on mine... Glad to hear you're still doing well on your meds.

    What a sweet comment from your husband! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, it seems they are three, and then all of a sudden they are grown! Does Rachel know where she wants to go to college?

    I can't believe my daughter is going to be a senior in college this fall, although she has 2 more years because she's doing a dual clinical psychology certificate thingy. I have no idea what that means, but that's why she's the brain of the family!

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)