Thursday, January 9, 2014

Howdy, stranger

It's been a while! How are you doing?

So much has happened since my last post. My youngest is now 13. Rachel has a job. It's crazy with all the changes going on. I guess I just needed some time to step back and look at everything going on around me. I knew time flew fast but I had no idea how fast. They say you only live once but I think I have to disagree with that. You live every day; you only die once.

I did not run one single race in 2013 and I think I'm ready to start training again. I may have gotten a little burned out in 2012 with all the races I did. Lesson learned.

I'm easing back in to blogging and organizing my thoughts. I'll be posting at least once a week. Yay! Then probably twice a week. Any more than that and you'll get sick of me really fast! ;)

Other not - so - fun things: I slipped and fell in a parking lot and really tore my knee up. I have a lovely scar now. Fortunately, there were people to witness my misadventure. Two weeks later Charlie challenged me to a race and I tripped over a root in the trail and landed face first. Face plant on the ground! Once again, my knees were torn up further but I continued the hike while blood ran down my legs. That's how bad ass I am. Call me Grace.

A new low carb cookbook is coming out with a couple of recipes I submitted. I'll tell you more about that later.

I sincerely hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. Hoping 2014 is even better than 2013.

I'll be back soon with another post. And thank you for all the messages and emails checking to make sure I hadn't fallen of the face of the earth. I was just suffering from blogger's block.

See you next week!

7 comments:

  1. Hi - have only just come across your blog. Looking through you have done amazing and I wish you well on your continued great journey.

    May 2014 be a good year for you

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're back! Looking forward to your coming posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Welcome Back! Looking forward to a great 2014 and excited about that cookbook...

    ReplyDelete
  4. howdy back! happy to see you blogging again, Kelly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, you're blogging again?! Well, yay! Welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, so glad you're back! I am looking forward to hearing about your race training! Maybe you'll inspire me to get off of my butt!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)