Saturday, January 18, 2014

Waking from Hibernation

It's still winter and I know a lot of my northern friends are still dealing with cold and snow, but this Texan is waking from a very long hibernation.

Let's face it: I did not participate in one single race last year. I didn't do as much as usual either. It was more of a sabbatical year for me, I guess. But I'm waking up from hibernation and ready to hit it hard again. I have so many great plans this year!

First, back to low carb. When I started taking metformin I lost all interest in most low carb foods. They seemed repulsive to me. Eggs and bacon? Gag! That's not good for a girl trying to watch her weight and health. Plus I was tired much of the time. When I wasn't tired, I was nauseated. Fun times, people.

Second, starting this Sunday I start training for my first (only?) half marathon of 2014. Rachel is on board and Charlie is considering. No word from Chuck yet. He prefers 5k and would be happy to never see another half marathon in his life. My goal race is April 4th for Angie's Half Crazy Half Marathon. I completed it in 2012 and I like the course plus the medal and post race party. The first 5k of the year will be the Rhythm and Blues in Houston on February 10th. Another pretty medal, bands and great party.

Third, I want to play guitar.

Fourth, update my math and French skills.

Fifth, more adventures! I phoned it in last year. Seriously. That just won't do. Life is way too short and there are so many things I want to see and do. If only my checkbook could keep up with those plans.

So let's do this!! Time to kick off the adventures of 2014!

PS: you may notice I didn't mention weight goals and such. That's because I'm not stressed at all about it. I want to feel good, look good, and have fun. I'm assuming my weight will reflect my lifestyle.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like great plans! I'm all for just doing one half per year - the training really gets to be hard on a body, and breaks are necessary. Glad that you are going back to the race that you really enjoyed...that will make it so much more motivating and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The adventures sound great! Sounds like you're ready for the Renaissance woman title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly, glad you are back in the blogging world. Wishing you nothing but health and happiness in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)